Doris Lake

Doris Lake is a 2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mono Hot Springs, California. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Driving up after Kaiser pass rd, is 11 miles on a one way sometimes very narrow road. We parked near the wooden bridge,but found out on the way back there is day parking in the Mono Springs resort area which was closer to the trail head. Trail head was not marked but there were signs along the way. Doris lake was beautiful. There was one other person there on a Sunday afternoon.

Went on a week day for lunch so there were not too many people.. Not as warm as one would hope but I swim in every lake I meet. Fun place to jump off cliffs.

Beautiful and refreshing Lake. Trail not super clear in spots so pay attention but well worth the short walk to this gorgeous spot.

Friday, June 27, 2014

This spot is wonderful! After visiting the hot springs we went for a casual hike up to Doris. Its a swimming lake. Bring your blanket, suits, and snacks. Its the perfect summer afternoon get away. I didn't have my camera, but trust me these pictures don't do it justice.

Sunday, May 26, 2013