Don Derr Park

Don Derr Park is a 0.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Riverside, California and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking, trail running, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

One of the parks in Riverside, open all year to everybody.

Well, I was actually looking for a website that was all about and for bird enthusiasts/watchers, because I wanted to share some pretty exciting news, but I guess this will do :) For all you bird watchers, here at Don Derr park (a.k.a. Monroe Park to all us locals!), I recently discovered a pair of HAWKS that seem to have a nest here at Don Derr.. Yeah, cool. Ok, and? Well, their hatchlings were born awhile back, and I discovered that rather there are THREE "babies".. I dont know much about hawks, or birds period, but Im under the assumption that this isnt very common (for there to be three), is it?

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Plenty of shade, wide sidewalk areas, low traffic area. High visibility, active path, nice trees & grass, sidewalk is removed from cars, great for dogs & strollers.