Doane Valley Loop Trail

Doane Valley Loop Trail is a 2.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Aguanga, California that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running.

This easy trail offers you an opportunity to relax and enjoy one of California's finest natural outdoor areas. The Doane Valley Nature Trail is a great place to see the wide variety of plants that grow in this region and to learn about their characteristics, their habitats, and the many ways they have been used by people over time. Most of the trail is an easy walk. However, there are two stream crossings and a few steep areas. Remember to be safe, and leave any plants or animals you see for the next person to enjoy.

This park is absolutely beautiful. There are a lot of gorgeous hiking options and a campground. However, I can't write a review without mentioning the fact that, at the time of my visit, in late June, the sheer number of flies in the area made the hike absolutely unbearable. I could've hiked this beautiful place for hours but left after one. I have never seen anything like it. I will definitely be back once I know they are gone.

Nice little trail. I did it with my family. A 14 year old daughter. Wasn't too hard and had some nice views. Not much elevation. If you're looking for an easier hike that most everyone can do this is it.

Beautiful! Little maneuvering off road, but the trail heads are conveniently placed.

Beautiful hike. Started from the Doane Valley campground and hiked out to the Weir, then finished this trail. Sun was shining, ran into some downed trees from recent storms, and some snow. Couldn't have asked for a better hike!

The woodsy part of the trail was okay, but the open areas were better. Lots of huge, tall trees and easy hiking. Worked out best for the final hike of the day.

A very easy trail with lots of photo opportunities. I recommend adding the French Valley Trail into the loop if you want a little longer route.

This was a beautiful trail! Heavily wooded and shaded, with a big meadow right in the middle. Some of the trees were absolutely massive, quite obviously very old. Saw tons of birds. Only a couple other people on the trail, too. Really felt like we were in nature. The drive up from San Diego was scenic in its own right -- you get extremely high elevation getting here. Perfect hike to kick off the fall season.

Monday, May 30, 2016

Friday, May 20, 2016

Nice quick trail. Beautiful views!

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Monday, February 29, 2016

A great family hike to an awesome lunch spot. The hike along the Weir Trail is such a departure from the normal SOCAL hike - tall pines and old oaks give such a sense of peace and tranquility. Loved this hike. And the pond at the end is a great lunch location to allow for exploration and rest.

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Monday, April 20, 2015

Seven Pines Trail Head to Mt. San Jacinto Peak, Possible the most awesome hike in the state. When I Hiked Marion Mountain trail to the peak of San Jacinto last year, I noticed in the valley below, was a trail of which I had not heard about. In the last 10 years I had been up that mountain everyother route some of them multiple times. So, I wanted to go up a new way, to, check it off my list.
I could not find any useful info on alltrails.com, I could find litttle on the internet. One comment, reported there are many trees down and the trail is a little hard to find. That was an understatement, the first 3.8 miles are isolated, beautiful and rugged. Take this trail if you want to see nature pines, firs oaks, manzanita, creeks and rivers. But only go if you are in shape and have a great trail sense.