Disaster Creek Loop Trail

Disaster Creek Loop Trail is a 15.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Dardanelle, California that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Disaster Creek to Paradise Valley and Boulder Lake.

This hike was gorgeous. I will say if you plan on just hiking to Disaster Creek and then heading back, then this if a relatively easier hike. However, you will need to be prepared with sunscreen and plenty of bug spray.

If you plan on doing the entire loop, this is not advised for beginning hikers or backpackers as this does require some off trail and very good preparation. Do not bring anything you absolutely do not need. This hike is totally worth it and I would recommend doing it over a 3 day period so you are not pushing yourself too hard any one day. This is important to consider as the altitude gets to you very quickly.

Quick tips:
1. Bring shoes you don't mind getting muddy
2. Bring strong bug spray
3. Start at disaster creek and end at Boulder Lake
4. Pack smart

Have fun!

This is rated as extremely difficult, and let me tell you- they ain’t lying. This is basically a challenge of man vs God. The majority of the loop is an uphill leg rape and the downhill part offers so little shade even my Mexican friend turned red. However, the trip was good, mostly cause of the company I was around. We met some PCT hikers which was-interesting- to say the least. There’s a beautiful lake next to the most perfect shaded camping spot around the 12 mile mark next to a gorgeous open green field that b**** a** Jerm didn’t want us to camp at. There are also some other nice spots to stop and pitch a tent at, if you know what I mean. Bring plenty of water or make sure the guy with the purifying pump doesn’t have bionic legs and treating this hike like a race to find the cure for cancer. Overall, between the blisters on my feet, the constant leg cramps and the overall feeling of misery- I had enough of this trail by the time I made it back to the truck. Would recommend you do this ONCE and pick bowling as your next outing.

Sunday, July 30, 2017