Dipsea Trail to Steep Ravine Trail Loop from Stinson

Dipsea Trail to Steep Ravine Trail Loop from Stinson is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Stinson Beach, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is best used from July until September.

Hike overlooking the Pacific Ocean. This trail offers stunning views and chaparral and redwood habitats.

This was mine and my boyfriends first time at Mt. Tam and it was absolutely breathtaking. I would highly recommend this hiking trail to anyone! I'm not an avid hiker and I'm considered a beginner and this hike was completely feasible for me. I would highly recommend you do the hike "clockwise" because if you go "counter clockwise" you will hit a bunch of steep steps that runs about a mile long and that's not a great way to start the hike. You will see beautiful views of the coast and Stinson beach. We'll definitely be back again soon :)

Hike was great. Very scenic. There wasn't too much water flow, so I'll definitely be going back in the spring time to see those waterfalls. Also make sure to do the hike clockwise. I did it counter clockwise and it was a challenge going up those steep stairs.

Being 26+ weeks pregnant, it's very hard to find hikes that were both interesting and technically feasible for a pregnant woman. Thank goodness I found this hike. The trail is well marked and the inclines and declines were very mild, and where its steep, the trail turns into steps.

Gorgeous trail, just wish I brought hiking poles for extra stability when descending those steps. Also, watch out for the poison oak.

Took one long stop for lunch break and in total about 4 hours to finish at my snails pace.