Dicks Lake, Gilmore Lake, and Lake Aloha from Cascade Lake

Dicks Lake, Gilmore Lake, and Lake Aloha from Cascade Lake is a 21.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Tahoma, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, camping, and backpacking and is best used from July until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I started my hike were the Glen Alpine trail intersects. I was day Hiking. It was challenging. I usually do 2 miles per hour, but I found myself doing 1/2 mile per hour especially through the snow. The beautiful terrain deserves 10 stars but the Tahoe Basin management could help non-local hikers a bit on the Bayview trail. It was very difficult to follow. Be safe Everyone!

Monday, August 14, 2017

Wonderful views. The snow is mostly melted and is easy to cross.

Saturday, October 31, 2015

I entered Desolation Wilderness at the Eagle Falls Trailhead for an overnight camping trip to Dick's Lake. The initial assent was very steep climbing on granite stairs. Once past Eagle Lake the trail started to level out. I came to the Bayview-Granite Lake junction turned SW on the Granite Lake Trial. The next junction was where the PCT went to Dicks Lake. There was a "swampy" area where the trial was not well marked and I lost it several times. Once on the PCT I started my decent to Dick's Lake. I went at the end of October and the night got down below freezing. In fact, it started "spitting" snow in the middle of the night. I left the next morning and went out the same way I came in. All in all, it was a wonderful trip. Next time I'd like to go on to the Velma's and camp there as well.

Tuesday, August 04, 2015

We completed the hike to Gilmore Lake, beginning at the Glen Alpine trailhead above Fallen Leaf Lake. Did not plan to do more than that, and it was plenty. The hike is said to be 7.6 miles, but two of us clocked it at 10 miles round trip. Scenery was beautiful and the lake is just gorgeous. The trail is very rocky most of the way though, making it important to watch every step. We enjoyed the hike!

Thursday, October 04, 2012

pretty difficult terrain but astonishing views if you give yourself the time. give yourself 4 or 5 nights if you wanna do some sight seeing. a really great trail none the less.

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Very diff at first with steep ascent but once in valley beautiful , camped at dicks lake. Entered from hgwy 89

Sunday, July 17, 2016