Diamond Valley Lake North Trail

Diamond Valley Lake North Trail is a 5.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Hemet, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

This trail skirts the hills just outside Diamond Valley Lake. There are 3 points along the trail that overlook the lake. From the Intersection of Menifee Road and Simpson you can choose 2 trails, South West trail starts with highest elevation gain, West offers mild elevation gain and then forks quarter mile in. At the fork you can choose higher elevation gain to left or gradual elevation gain to left. This trail offers different paths to form loops of varying difficultly. The peaks will be up and back with 400 to 600 ft elevation gain.

great moderate hike but,I wish people would not bring their dogs when it is hot they can over heat and can cause heat stroke. This is not a shaded trail. They cool down by panting they cannot sweat like us to bring down body temp. Please be mindful of your pets as they are to you . Peace

it's okay. Not much of a challenge but good enough for a workout.

Not a whole lot to see on the flat part of the walk but as soon as you start climbing up near the water tower there are some great views. At the end of this trail is a park bench with a beautiful panoramic view.

This was a good hike for a jog in and out with a decent climb

First hike in many years. Was okay until going up to the top. Exhilarating getting to the top and view.

You have to walk 2 miles in to start climbing, but then it kicks your butt! My Map My Hike said it was 555 ft of gain. Nice workout.

Did this as a goal hike based on the 856 foot elevation increase listed here but was disappointed to find that my MapMyHike recorded it as only 497 feet and my FitBit said only 68 floors. Bummed I didn't break any personal records like I was hoping for but I was rewarded with an amazing view and a gorgeous breeze at the top. Still worth the hike. We'll do it again when the flowers bloom and it's a little cooler out.

Can't wait to see it in Spring. Nice uphill incline after a long walk out. We got 5 miles up to the top (table) and back. You can go out further than we went.

nos tomo 1:23 min y fueron 4.69 millas me gustó nivel intermedio

very nice hike. beautiful view

Amazing views!!!! The flowers are so beautiful in the spring. Definitely one of my favorite places to hike.

Friday, May 05, 2017

stupidest height I've ever been on

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Easy trail for beginers. Good for light cardio. Half trail is flat and other half is up and down hill.

Wednesday, April 05, 2017

The family had a great time. A nice two hour hike with a lot of beautiful wild flowers.

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Mild hike, with a short steep part at the end. We crossed onto the lake loop to enjoy the vistas. Great wildflower bloom going on right now!

Thursday, February 23, 2017

This hike is beautiful in spring..

Monday, January 30, 2017

Finally got out to Diamond Valley with my dog. Was very excited. I started to drive up a hill hoping to find the trail head and was met by a very unfriendly "NO Dogs Allowed" sign. Very disappointed because that's why I chose this route!

Monday, December 19, 2016

Dogs no longer welcome on this trail, seems to be fairly new signage. Did not home trail.

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Didn't end up doing the hike because when we got there we saw a huge sign saying no dogs permitted.