Diamond Peak Trail

Diamond Peak Trail is a 1.3 mile loop trail located near Old Station, California and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and snowshoeing and is best used from November until April.

Distance: 1.3 miles Elevation Gain: 741 feet Route Type: Loop

This is short route trail and not easy to find trail. Ranger suggest the best start at the sign “Demand Peak” much easy to reach top. For parking, very few street parking at the sign, but there is more parking spot less 1 mile ahead (coming from south side entrance). The last trail will be steep, but not so bad. Most of trail are expose. Good view at top. Good for short hike. Hiking shoes suggest.

Snow has melted, nice views at the top of the south side of the park. A short additional hike to finish off the day.

Covered in snow the whole way, but we made it up in just hiking boots. A glorious hike while most of the park is covered in snow.

Tons of snow out right now. My friend and I scaled the peak without snowshoes, it was strenuous but possible and extremely rewarding (foot sank a good 1/2 foot every step). There were some footprints on the slope which made the "trail" more apparent. Great views from the summit, considering the road was out past the visitor center this trail wasn't too far out and was one of the faster summits available to us. We made it up and back down about 3 hours and that's considering we spent a lot of time on the summit. We didn't ski but there were tons of great slopes and potential along the way.

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

great winter snowshoeing trip. You really feel like you are on your own.

skiing
Thursday, June 04, 2015

I'm not sure if this is the exact "trail" that my husband & I go to...we park at the South entrance of Lassen in the winter & snowshoe up the road to "Ranger Cut-off", which leads uphill & to a ridge leading up to Diamond Peak. We carry our board & skis up & enjoy the ride down!

Sunday, January 21, 2018