Devil's Slide to Saddle Junction Trail

Devil's Slide to Saddle Junction Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Idyllwild, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, birding, and horses and is best used from June until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Idyllwild, CA: Take the Fern Valley Road northeast towards Humber Park. Proceed to the parking area in Humber Park located on the east side of the community of Fern Valley.

I would have love to rate this hike but unfortunately we were not able to hike this trail due to the requirement of a permit. Make sure to arrive early because parking fills up and you also need to purchase a parking pass which we had no idea you needed one. We drove into the town of Idyllwild to purchase one for $5 but no one told us we needed to obtain a permit from the ranger to hike this trail. I guess now we know. Hopefully next time I can give it a real review.

Had not done this hike in a long while . Is still very steep dusty and hot in the afternoon . They still have so much of the park closed do to the fire a few yrs ago so the hiking after Saddle is limited if you don't get an early start . And all the fallen and dead trees is kinda depressing

Great hike with perhaps the most consistently amazing view I've seen from a hike in so cal. The saddle junction ain't much, but it's still great. Remember to stop at the ranger station first for a wilderness permit!

Mother's day hike. Returning after 40 years. Sad part is, I live so close to this trail. Beautiful day.

Beautiful hike, hadn't done it in about 9 years. Took our time going up, made it back down in 1:15. Lots of streams flowing, amazing vistas. Rangers thought there would be streams running through July.