Devil's Nose via Sugar Spring

Devil's Nose via Sugar Spring is a 5.2 mile out and back trail located near West Point, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips.

Distance: 5.2 miles Elevation Gain: 784 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Nice hike on logging roads. There were a few good views towards the top, but not at the summit. Be aware that parking is on/adjacent to private property. I spoke to a homeowner to make sure it was ok, but I recommend you do the same as he told me they’ve had cars towed for blocking the gate. It was enjoyable, but I think once was enough for this one- unless you live really close by.

Had such a great hike on this trail. It’s an easy out and back. Nice views beautiful weather and not a single human the whole 3 hours. We packed a lunch and ate on the trail. Great for kids and we brought our dogs.

Easy wide trail, the original recorder claims to have made a loop around the devils nose peak but we went left and hit a dead end with no visible trail connecting back to devils nose so we doubled back and took the right hand side of the loop. Not much of a view at the actual devils nose, but a few hundred feet before the Nose is a great vista outcropping (treacherous slide on your rear down to it but just twenty feet off the trail). GREAT view there. Otherwise an easy trail, parking for one of two cars near private homes, lots of tiny flies so bring a head net.