Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Devil's Hole OHV Trail is a 9.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lake Arrowhead, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September.

Distance: 9.1 miles Elevation Gain: 1,758 feet Route Type: Out & Back

ohv / off road driving

ohv/off road driving

We went on this trail on 04/28/20 . We made it all the way to the bottom and back with our Jeep with 2 inch life and 37” tires and lockers , but a couple of things you should know before you go there : 1. The start point that is shown here is closed so you can access the trail from hook creek road and 2y26 and then turn to 3N34 . 2. The last mile is gnarly even with our Jeep , we really could use a spotter . We saw a F150 that was flipped to the side. There are a few good size rocks and drops . If you don’t have an off-road vehicle you can park before the 4x4 trail starts and hike down . The water is very clean amd it’s worth it. Unfortunately some people left trash around ( wet clothes , towels , beer bottles and ....) we tried to clean it a little. Remember always leave it better than you found it . Cheers .

ohv/off road driving

Great trail! Has a little if everything along the way to the stream/river. Worth going again.

Mon Mar 18 2019

My Husband Got our 2 wheel drive 2007 toyota tacoma fully loaded down there and up no problem! Went camping with our kid had a blast. Big rocks at bottom but my husband is a great driver knows his stuff.

Fri Dec 14 2018

Amazing trail lots if water potholes with some ice, muddy and rocky road couldn't ask for anything better did it on my green machine 99 XJ with a 4 inch lift, a blast specially at the bottom where's some big rocks, you definitely need a lifted vehicle if you want to run the trail to the end...

Sun Nov 04 2018

We took this trail in my Lexus GX470 and it was a fun little trail to the creek in that vehicle. Down near the bottom there are some good sized rocks but if your an experienced wheeler there is no problem at all. I didn't use lockers and have a simple one inch lift on the GX and made it down and back up without issue. Fun little trail.

Thu Aug 23 2018

You’ll need 4x4 and some good clearance. There are multiple ways to take to get to devils hole. But it’s really a steep and rough trail for the most part

Mon Aug 06 2018

This was probably the most intense hike I've been on, so far. As this place is known for it's offroading, we did it on foot. Oh boy, we should've listened. The constant ups and downs along with steep inclines, declines, loose rocks, and loose sands made the hike torturous and not enjoyable at all. I mean why would it? It's meant for vehicles! It took us about 5 hours round trip. We started late because we didn't want to hike in the sun. But then I realized... It's dark. How am I suppose to see the creek or the Devil's Hole? We didn't see any holes. But we weren't quitters and what we started, we must finish. I am giving this a 5/5 because off roading here would be really fun. If you're gonna hike here, I suggest you don't. Not worth.

Sat Aug 04 2018

It’s actually a nice hike, not likely to meet anyone and accessible from the north shore campground. Started at 6:30pm came back at 1130pm hike to the hole was pretty simple, not much to see at the end though. But the hike was nice and felt surprisingly isolated for being close to camp. The stars at night was a pretty decent, faint signs of the milky way so that was cool. This would be more closer to a hard hike, due to all the harsh inclines especially going back up the mountain. Worth it for seeing the two rare toads at the end!!! Careful the entire trail has an immense amount of loose rocks

Fri Apr 06 2018

Nice ride, you use all tools on jeep.......hard and challenge!!

Wed Mar 14 2018

The trail down to the water is very washed out from all the rain. 4X4 is a must, I go down in my Jeep or RZR, and I still bottom out. Close to the bottom by the water you will deal with a serious of decent sized rocks so if you don’t have much clearance you will definitely bottom out

Tue Dec 26 2017

This trail starts off through Willow Creek Jeep Trail which has easy and hard sections for you to choose from but once you get to Devils Hole you must have a 4x4 vehicle to get down and get back up if not you will get stuck. Great creek area to visit. Please don’t liter and help keep these trails clean for everyone’s enjoyment.

Sat Apr 20 2019