Devil's Hole

Devil's Hole is a 9.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lake Arrowhead, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September.

off road driving

This was probably the most intense hike I've been on, so far. As this place is known for it's offroading, we did it on foot. Oh boy, we should've listened. The constant ups and downs along with steep inclines, declines, loose rocks, and loose sands made the hike torturous and not enjoyable at all. I mean why would it? It's meant for vehicles! It took us about 5 hours round trip. We started late because we didn't want to hike in the sun. But then I realized... It's dark. How am I suppose to see the creek or the Devil's Hole? We didn't see any holes. But we weren't quitters and what we started, we must finish. I am giving this a 5/5 because off roading here would be really fun. If you're gonna hike here, I suggest you don't. Not worth.

It’s actually a nice hike, not likely to meet anyone and accessible from the north shore campground. Started at 6:30pm came back at 1130pm hike to the hole was pretty simple, not much to see at the end though.
But the hike was nice and felt surprisingly isolated for being close to camp. The stars at night was a pretty decent, faint signs of the milky way so that was cool.
This would be more closer to a hard hike, due to all the harsh inclines especially going back up the mountain.
Worth it for seeing the two rare toads at the end!!!
Careful the entire trail has an immense amount of loose rocks

off road driving

Nice ride, you use all tools on jeep.......hard and challenge!!

off road driving

The trail down to the water is very washed out from all the rain. 4X4 is a must, I go down in my Jeep or RZR, and I still bottom out. Close to the bottom by the water you will deal with a serious of decent sized rocks so if you don’t have much clearance you will definitely bottom out

off road driving

This trail starts off through Willow Creek Jeep Trail which has easy and hard sections for you to choose from but once you get to Devils Hole you must have a 4x4 vehicle to get down and get back up if not you will get stuck. Great creek area to visit. Please don’t liter and help keep these trails clean for everyone’s enjoyment.

Saturday, June 20, 2015