Devil's Slide Trail

Devil's Slide Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near San Pedro Terrace, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

57 minutes ago

Nice views. Dog friendly but please pick up after your dog! Bathroom on both ends of paved trail. Can bring a bike but a nice walk as well. Can be windy!

Scenic walk along the old highway

One of my favorite trails in the bay. I've come back to do this one multiple times with new friends. Love that it's a quick easy trail right off Route 1 with plenty of parking. Saw tons of whale spouts and waving tales this last time I went! Never crowded and so beautiful!

Lovely views but a walk along an old highway is just that. Worth doing once and great for visitors. No challenge.

My AllTrails GPS led me here instead of to Pedro Point Highlands so I was prepared for a moderate hike in the woods. Instead, I was treated to a highway-turned-walking path with largely unobstructed views of the Pacific.

The pro is definitely the view. It is so beautiful on a clear day, but on the other hand, just when you feel like you're getting into the rhythm of the trail it's OVER. Also, there are many steep grades (saw a sign that said 9%) so people expecting an "easy" hike or bike ride may feel misled, and the wide paved road takes away from feeling like you're totally immersed in nature.

One side of the road is for pedestrians and the other, a two-way for cyclists. There are two places to stop and rest on benches. Do note that the wind got ferocious today, so cyclists please be prepared. A guy drifted 4-5 feet over out of his bike lane toward me because he didn't anticipate the wind tunnel 3/4 the way in so I had to quickly step out of the way.

All in all, a pleasant place to get some air and read a book with a view. I felt safe here throughout my walk.

Excellent short hike with spectacular views of the ocean. Used to be part of highway 1.