Desert View Trail

Desert View Trail is a 4.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mountain Center, California that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options.

A 1.5 mile (2 km) loop trail leads to a number of scenic overlooks and forest views. Short climbs, moderately strenuous. One of the handful of trails you can hike after getting off the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway in Mt. San Jacinto State Park near Palm Springs.

Great views of the city of Palm Spring and the valley below.

a trail for the whole family. we had a blast and the kids love the views

Spectacular views for a million (or so) miles. Notch 2 & 3 are amazing. It was a Saturday, in June, so there were a LOT of people. This is NOT a hike for solitude, but well worth the views. It is beyond easy. Many people were in flip-flops although I would not walk this trail in those. I'm going back for sure to explore the rest of Round Valley. There was a bear spotted in the meadow, but was not threatening. Probably used to this many people in his/her neighborhood.

Great, easy hike with amazing views! There are 5 notches, and notch 3 was by far our favorite spot! Great views of the Coachella Valley and scenic mountain views! I would love to go back and explore more of this beautiful state Park!

Great views, easy and absolutely OK if you have kids.

This is a fairly easy hike yet the views at each of the 5 notches were amazing. We did many hikes in and around Palm Springs and everyone in the family said this was their favorite.

Sunday, November 06, 2016

Saturday, November 05, 2016

Very pretty.

Friday, June 03, 2016

This is a really easy hike, with impressive views of the valley below. Great place to retreat from the summer heat.

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Friday, March 04, 2016

Sunday, November 29, 2015

I hike this trail 3 or 4 times per week. It's a loop trail which I go around 3 times. I recommend hiking it counter-clockwise as it's a better workout, especially as you move from notch 5 to 4. Beautiful views at each notch and the trail feels safe to me. I never get tired of it.