Del Sur Ridge

Del Sur Ridge is a 9 mile point-to-point trail located near Santa Clarita, California and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and off road driving and is accessible year-round.

Point to Point

off road driving

We went on a dry day, but there was still a lot of green to be seen. Great panoramic views at the height of the trail. Mostly well-marked. Bringing water is a must, even in a vehicle. We didn't see anyone else around, but it does seem like a great location for dirt biking or horse riding.
This was our first off-roading trip and I'd say this trail was easy, we did it in our stock 2010 XTerra.

off road driving

Checked this trail out yesterday. Its VERY easy. Got caught in the clouds so it was pretty foggy and wet. But it was fun to explore.
This trail would be a lot more fun on a dirt bike or quad.

off road driving

Fun, easy trail with a few side trails if you want to get adventurous. Had no problem in my stock RAM 1500. Did the whole trail in 2wd. Great views of the surrounding mountains and very well marked. It rained a few days ago so there was plenty of mud to play in. Watch out for dirt bikes.

fun trail

Friday, July 10, 2015

I went hiking up Sierra Pellona Motorway near Bouquet Canyon Rd. On the map, it is just South-East of the coordinates for this trail. It was a nice walk to the top. I only went up for about a half hour, got a few pictures and came down. It is nice for off roading and biking. Not much shade during the day so bring water and a hat. There is a nice little creek at the bottom across the highway.

Monday, May 05, 2014

This is my very first off road outing. For an Easy trail, it's fun. On a dry day, you can go fast in certain sections - up to close to 40 MPH. 4WD not required, my truck is 2WD. I can tell the trail can get muddy and a lot more fun on wet days. Do be careful when you get closer to the bottom, coming from the top, because of horse riders.