Learn more

Del Sur Ridge is a 7.1 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Santa Clarita, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for ohv/off road driving and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 7.1 miles Elevation Gain: 1,833 feet Route Type: Point to Point

ohv / off road driving

ohv/off road driving

This was a moderate off road, since I have a Subaru Crosstrek not modified it was a challenge. It’s all about finding the angles and going around the potholes. Great experience!!

recorded Del Sur Ridge

ohv/off road driving

We had an awesome time on the trail. We headed up around 3pm on A Friday. We probably came across 3 cars the entire way. To me, I would consider this an easy trail vs a moderate trail and this with a stock 4Runner Limited 4x4 w/ OEM sized tires. Gorgeous views with such refreshing fresh air! Take your radios as you can probably talk to anybody from up high. I was listening in to the Santiago Peak GMRS repeater that is 100 miles away! I only had my hand held or else I probably would have been able to talk to them from my mobile radio.

Did this trail a few weeks ago. Love how easy the main fire truck trail was. There’s tons of offshoots to try if you want and barely anyone was here. We saw maybe 3 vehicles during our ride. The sceneries and wild flowers were amazing to see. We did a video just in case anyone wanted to see it for themselves. https://youtu.be/bcLs5MMmsyE

Nice trail to get away from the city. You really feel you’re away from the world when you’re on top of the mountains. Took my two young boys for an outing. Siding really go off the main trail except for one just to be safe since we were the only ones there. But I took my 2019 raptor and there aren’t anything too difficult to handle here. You can go through the whole thing in 2 wheel drive but I put it on 4, why not. Don’t stop where you see the white bee hives, they’ll come and say hi. We went in the afternoon and stopped in about 4/5 places to climb the hill and take pictures. The road to the lake was closed off so don’t try to go any further when you’re at the end cross roads. The views are spectacular, bring a drone if you have one. Also, bring snacks and water. Took us about 2 hours to start and finish the trail.

ohv/off road driving

wish there was a way to the quarry but road ends. otherwise awesome.

Took my 2 dogs and my new Subaru Outback for my first offroading experience. Great scenery. I was a little wary going solo but the Outback managed pretty good. Looking forward to checking out other offroad trails!

ohv/off road driving

My first off-road trip in my new Jeep. It was everything I hoped for. Harder than a flat fire road, but never difficult enough to cause me to sweat. I went alone so I was nervous that I might struggle but it was just perfect. Can't wait to go back and do some of the steeper little offshoots that are everywhere. Ran into one other Jeep and a few dirt bikes.

ohv/off road driving

Such an awesome trail!!! there's so many roads to choose from, it's a big giant play ground. watch out for the bee hives tho! Great view and lots to see . There's a cute little animal adoption center the left when you start moving up the trail. Can't Waite till it rains !! highly suggested!!

ohv/off road driving

Did the ridge in our 4runner. At the end where it splits - left to go to lake, right to head back down and out to the main road. If you go left, brush makes the trail right, you will scratch. Lake access road was closed

Super cool spot. The main trail is easy and the offsets are badass

ohv/off road driving

Fun off-roading trail! I’d do it again. 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk handled it with no problems (4x4). We explored 3 days after light rain, it was totally dry. Average speed was around 10 Mph, took us 2 hours to finish. Entrance is on south side, exit on north. Dirt road “leading to the trail” is pretty rough... dirt road “leading from the trail” was probably the roughest part of the whole trail. LOTS of off shoot shortcuts for hill climbing too. Pack a lunch. Beautiful turn-outs to sit and enjoy the view! Watch out for the bee-boxes on the first turn-out though, aaaaand watch out for the rattle snakes and the occasional dirt-biker!

ohv/off road driving

I needed to get off the couch and I live close so I hit the trail this morning. I went 3/4 of the way as I was unsure if the gate on Bouquet was open. Road is rutted in spots but no issues for my Tacoma. I was able to fly my Mavic Mini as well.

Nice little trail just outside of LA. Perfect for when you just want to go off road for a few hours. Nice views and wildlife. Took my Jeep out there today. After the rain, there was some mud to have fun in. Ends on the main road.

ohv/off road driving

Really beautiful right now with plenty of wildflowers and a little bit of fun mud after the rain easy to moderate trail with some more difficult challenging off shoots overall one of my favorites socal /LA area trails.

Great trails. Cool panoramic views

ohv/off road driving

They started staging bees in all the great spots to stop and chill. I only found one spot that didn’t have bee containers yet, but it looked like it was marked for some to be put there. This is a great trail, though.

Fun ride. Went solo and usually do for some dumb reason. As of May 01 20, ridge is dry with some rutting, but pretty straight forward. Great views and nice and quiet. There is a good staging area, and you will lose cell service about 1/2 way. I kept my 98 4runner in 2 wheel all the way. No real challenges, and lots of options to take alt paths in areas for more challenging ventures. I recommend for a leisure drive.

May 2, 2020 (still open) moderate trail. when dry very bumpy. we did the whole trail as an out and back. there were some smaller hills to challenge us if we didn't want to stay on the trail. this is our second time and has become one of our favorite OHV trails.

ohv/off road driving

Amazing trail!! First timer and was a bit intense , but overall fun! Gladiator rubicon stock made it with no issues

Cool trail ,super easy for it being my first time off-roading would for sure come back

Trail is open as of 4-26-20 nice and dry trail beautiful views worth it I would say easy-moderate in some areas

ohv/off road driving

It’s a nice trail and it’s not far from anyone who lives around sf valley , it gets pretty muddy after rain but it’s pretty dry now . Beautiful views on top and not very busy . We’ve been to this trail twice and barely saw 5 cars total.