Del Dios Gorge Trail

Del Dios Gorge Trail is a 10.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Rancho Santa Fe, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Santa Fe Valley/Del Dios Gorge is a 4 mile out and back trail located near Rancho Santa Fe, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, mountain biking & trail running and is accessible year-round.

Easy trail with great views of lake and dam. A handful of mountain bikers were on the trail on a Sunday afternoon in December.

I've had Arthroscopic surgery of my left knee and I may need another one, but this walk was very easy for me to handle and the views were amazing.

This trail was a good trail. We decided to do the loop twice (unintentionally) before finding our way back to the bridge and heading back to the doc. There are approximate 4 trails in one so it's easy to do a few extra miles more than what you initially intend to do, but definitely worth it.... wear comfortable shoes and bring lots of water, if you take your dog out there please ensure you have plenty of water....

Very pretty,had fun...explored the bottom of the dam with the graffiti all the way inside and climbed up the side..don't do it,it's frowned upon I guess. There was a rent a cop that I didn't even notice in an ordinary car that I thought had been just chillin for the longest time. He was nice though,he didn't know how we got up there cause he didn't see us but that's bc we climbed up the side. Maybe it's common sense that you're not supposed to do that but eh...

Sunday, May 08, 2016

Easy walk, nothing spectacular. We took little kids for about a mile section of the trail west of the dam. No shade.