Del Amigo Trail to Eugene O'Neil National Historic Site

Del Amigo Trail to Eugene O'Neil National Historic Site is a 2.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Alamo, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Take the Del Amigo trail to the Madron Trail. This will lead you to the Eugene O'Neill National Historic Site.

Liked the short hike very much, especially visiting the Eugene O'Neill National Monument, that was special and made this short hike. But you can continue further on two trails, which we did do, to make the hike longer.

Extremely muddy!

Lots of mud after all of the rain! Wear shoes with good traction, I fell once when turning around on a relatively steep incline. Other than becoming very muddy, all was well from then on. Eugene O'Neill house was awesome! I returned via the streets due to the mud on the trail. Will do again, beautiful views!

Great everyday hike, several trails turn off from here so you can vary the length of your hike. Dog friendly on leash. It was muddy due to recent weather, but we did fine with good hiking boots. Beautiful views, only saw one other group. Some steep hills in places. Would definitely do it again.

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Nice view of Diablo all the way. I took a longer rout, which took me almost 3 hours.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Tuesday, June 07, 2016

I agree this trail is not for beginners it's moderate to the steep incline is steady at least the .83 mile of it I got through. Definitely worth if you love views and a nice combo of shade and sun. It's not a maintained trail so returning can be challenging. I'm looking forward to getting to the summit will be going back.

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Monday, April 25, 2016

Actually for my opinion this trail is more than moderate because when you go up, the slopes are long and very steep. It is a very good trail with view of Mount Diablo, as well as many tiny wild flowers thanks to this spring's rain. I took quite a few photos.

Sunday, April 24, 2016