Deer Valley Trail is a 12.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Markleeville, California. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for camping and off road driving. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

off road driving

I drove this a few weeks ago, came in on the highway 4 side and out the highway 88 side. I camped by the creek about an hour or so in on the highway 4 side. Quite beautiful. Some spots can be a bit challenging but with a well equipped Jeep - I did it on my own without too much concern for damage or breaking down.

Thursday, October 05, 2017

The trail is officially open with trail repairs made at the stream crossings. Such hard work went into this, please stay on the trail and keep the trail open.

We made it through the trail in about 3 or so hours. This trail is not for those with little to no experience and no armor or locking differential. There are a lot of tight spots and to make matters worse, a large rock right in the middle. Busted side mirror on the large tree with the off camber lean.

It was great to run this trail, it had been about 15 years since the last time I ran it.

Friday, September 15, 2017

The trail is back open to off road vehicles!

We completed it on 9/9/2017
This is not a trail for the casual wheel, I would not attempt it with out at least one locker and rock sliders.

But if you have the right rig, I would highly recommend this tail. We completed it in about 5 hours but where going pretty slow with lots of stops along the way.

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Does any know if this is opened? Can really find any information on it.

Thursday, May 19, 2016

This trail is currently closed due to a lawsuit in El Dorado National Forest. The trail should re-open by late 2016. For more info please see the EDNF 42 Routes info page: http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/eldorado/home/?cid=stelprdb5362046

Monday, July 23, 2012

Very fun trail. Clover valley is one of the most beautiful peaceful valleys i have ever seen. The creek is clear and cool and a great place for a dip to wash all the dust off. Great remote camping spots along the creek. Never crowded

Monday, September 04, 2017