Deer Creek Tribute Trail

Deer Creek Tribute Trail is a 8.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Nevada City, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

private property

Took the kids out there yesterday. My GPS from this site took me right to the trailhead. It’s absolutely gorgeous out there with all the work they have put into it. Well worth the 30-45min drive.

Better signage would have been appreciated, but the hike was beautiful. Loved the sound of rushing water.

A nice relaxing hike. Watch out for the poison ivy.

Me and my family had so much fun
Beautiful hike

A really nice nature walk after Sunday brunch at South-Pine Cafe. We saw about 15 different people/groups out hiking, but it was a pretty busy weekend in Nevada City (Scenic and Wild Film Festival).. some only going as far as the suspension bridge and others trail running the whole path. Dog and kid friendly. I will definitely return and will attempt to record the whole thing.

As the other reviewers mentioned this is a super easy hike. I think you could actually bring a wheelchair on this hike because it’s flat and wide. Definitely not physically challenging but a beautiful walk through the woods. I took away one star for the chainsaws! There are houses along the trail and on two different spots the sound of chainsaw was echoing in my brain for like a mile. Ideally you want to hear the sound of the water so it’s pretty annoying when that happens. The trail signs and markers were super easy to follow. I brought my dog but had to keep her on a leash.

Easy, dog friendly, jogger friendly. We parked by the Miner’s Foundry and followed the small trail marker signs down to the suspension bridge. Crossed the bridge, shortly after is a fork that starts/ends a loop.

beautiful moving water, sculptural boulders and forest trees. Air smelled amazing. super easy to find---right off the main streets. more heavily trafficked than i like but understandable as trees are in gorgeous fall color.

Great trail in the beginning, down to the suspension and Chinese memorial bridges but otherwise, much of the trail is just flat and follows the irrigation canal. Great if you want an easy hike. Very beautiful in the fall. Some have had difficulty finding the trailhead, I suggest walking in off of Reward Street. Take the first two right turns you come to once you’re on the path and you’ll go down to the first bridge.

Difficult to find, no parking, very little trail. Probably nice if you live close but not worth the hour and a half drive we took.

Literally couldn’t even find the trail. The directions led me to the middle of town. I looked around and couldn’t find anything indicating a trail. I even spoke to several locals and none of them knew where the entrance to the trail was. I eventually ended up running into a sheriff whom I asked and he didn’t know where the trail was either. He told me he knew a kid friendly trail and escorted me to Hirschmen Trail in Nevada City right off Hwy 49 on Cement Hill Road! It was kid friendly, leashed dog friendly, easy hike and marked. My kids whom are 2, 3 and 4 did .75 miles before we turned back around back to the car. Totaling 1.5 miles, they were beat and all napped on the way home!

Easy and kid friendly. Look for the cairns as you pass over the bridge.

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

You can walk along the flume for quite a ways, but don't miss the path down to the creek. Beautiful swimming hole to cool off in. The descent down to the creek from the bridge is a bit steep, but worth it.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Lovely trail for those who like flatter hikes. It follows an active flume system. The trail starts downhill if you can call it that. There is moderate tree cover which is nice on a warm day. The path goes through a lot of private land so out of respect for the locals stay on the trail. You'll hear lots of birds while you walk. There are also some nice big new growth trees. I imagine it would be a great trail for kids. Also AllTrails just lists a portion of the trail. The Deer Creek Tribute Trail does run all of the way back to Nevada City. On that portion there is more of a variance of terrain and a handsome bridge over the creek.

Sunday, May 14, 2017

My favorite trail. You get to see the river and the hike is so beautiful! The birds were chirping and it is pure serenity!

Sunday, May 14, 2017

We'll maintained and very clean. Just minutes outside Nevada City it made for a nice afternoon hike with the wife & dogs. Also a couple of cool brew pubs only minutes away.

Monday, March 20, 2017

This trail is easy, not moderate. It is largely a completely flat walk along an NID ditch with stunning views of people's back yards. If you take the left hand arm you walk down hill for a minute or two to Deer Creek and can cross it and walk a brief loop through the woods on the other side.

Monday, January 30, 2017

A nice hike love the view wild life all around a good place for the family

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Trail starts on the edge of Town (Nevada City) and follows along the Deer Creek. Good bird watching.

recorded 1st