Deep Creek Hot Springs Trail

Deep Creek Hot Springs Trail is a 5.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Apple Valley, California that features hot springs and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

hot springs

Good trail that follows the PCT heading southbound. $5.00 per person

We entered through Bowen Ranch rd and parked. Next time i'd stay the night. On the hike down i was alerted by another hiker of all the naked people that would be down there and to blindfold my son (8yrs old). As we trailed down we passed a man and woman whom were naked walking with their backpacks on. we asked how much longer and then proceeded. When we arrived the ratio of naked vs. clothed was about 7 naked and maybe 12 clothed. Water was surprisingly clear but cold, except for hot springs of course. The area was clean and people were nice, a good amount of non-locals. As far as blindfolding my son, which i considered a possibility before i arrived i did not do. There was nothing shameful about seeing naked people relaxing in the water. He handled it very well, i was proud of him. He didn't gauke or stare. It definately fulfilled my expectations. i can't wait to go back. although the hike up is definately something to be prepared for, ITS A HIKE!

Should have said it cost $5 to enter! I drove all the way there just to not be able to enter!

Great place to visit!

awesome hike. Go during the week to avoid crowds. Oh yeah, and be prepared for naked old dudes.

Nice naked mellow people! Haha Went on Tusday and this place was amazing. Downhill hike there and uphill back. Leg Day for sure! the off-road part was bumpy but fun. Subie life! and u don't need a lifted or AWD vehicle. Just absolutely No Stanced cars unless you want your front bumper to come off! Not much trash like other reviews. They keeping up with the trash which is awesome. Definitely gonna come back!

Very beautiful hike and the hot springs were awesome. Only thing that was bad was people leave behind so much trash. People clean up after yourself and preserve these beautiful places.

we made it!!! don't follow your GPS unless you can use a map and have 4x4

second you totally need to know a lot of people will be there

also naked people will be there.

it's a nice downhill hike to get there.
the hike back is tough.

if your OK with these things do this hike it really pretty

EASY trail-run.
An avid ridge-runner, I found this trail incredibly easy to run, and incredibly exaggerated by the caretaker and reviewers. I understand the caretaker's need to exaggerate caution. It's a popular destination; therefore, lots of inexperienced hikers pass through. Not only are there inexperienced hikers, there are lots of substance-users; many of whom, are just plain imbeciles with little-to-no respect for themselves or nature. So, I'm sure that many of those who need rescuing were intoxicated before their return ascents.
The descent is first, ascent is last. Trail is mostly sandy, hard-packed, free of boulders, roots, and other natural obstructions. It's EASY! What a simple, standard, short trail! The views are beautiful, mostly chaparral; strong scent of aromatic shrubs/sage, etc. Do not proceed without water (as is the case in all hikes, duh!). But it does deserve special caution: Hot water + desert climate will dehydrate you! Add mind-altering substances and this place's risk factors increase ten-fold! Bring lots of water!!! I imagine that extremely inexperienced hikers and drunken MORONs ("don't judge bro!") are the ones who get lost. The owner/manager/caretaker(?) was firm, assertive, perhaps angry, when I arrived at 3:30pm, yesterday afternoon. He believed I'd be ascending back to the car after dark. I got back to my car before the sun set (FAST!!!). Caretaker cautioned the hell out of every late arrival, so i didn't take it personally. But he DID exaggerate... or I'm the Flash!
I'd love to camp there. Get there early for a day trip, or go camping. It's not ideal for a brief stop. I hiked so fast that I was able to enjoy the springs for 1/2-1hour or so, and return to my car before sunset. the trail was super easy to follow, though I am grateful for the anal caretaker's exaggerated cautions. But it would have been more worth-while had I stayed there. Camping there must be a blast, especially if you like to party (I don't, because I quit drinking...sigh why did i f*cking quit?!). Lots of alcohol, drugs, and weirdness. not for kids, i suppose. The trail is not that bad. If you're going to get crazy on substances, even just weed (affects the memory), then plan on camping. Why risk getting lost in the mountains?! I smoked a bunch of Js, once, when I was in Miami, staying with a friend. I bathed in a hot tub for a while, in the hot Miami sun. When I returned to my friend's apt, I couldn't remember where he lived. My point: be cautious, even w weed, not just alcohol or whichever other substances you use. stoned & de-hydrated will not aid you in staying on trail...or finding the trail.
Btw, the creek-crossing was refreshing. Not 'ice cold' at all.
I only give it 3 stars because the drunken young people and rednecks reminded me of college, when I was a dumb child.

This should probably be listed as MODERATE and NOT "Easy"! Trail was easy to locate. The hike out is completely straight up and will leave you gasping for your breath. The spray paint markers help you stay on course. The river is up due to recent downpours and it's waste deep thru dangerously cold waters. Once your legs are prickly and ready to fall off you will make it across and have no problem stripping down to get in the hot springs. I only noticed 3 pools, but read that there are 4-7...so who knows! People DO NOT LEAVE YOUR TRASH!! This is not downtown L.A. It's amazing and beautiful place to enjoy! Trash, and graffiti will ruin it for generations to come or better yet get us all locked out soon! It's very peaceful to soak in the warm water as the river rushes by you!