Zabriskie Point is a 0.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Death Valley, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 0.4 miles Elevation Gain: 52 feet Route Type: Out & Back

closed

This trail is experiencing full or partial closure due to COVID-19. Please see the open trails nearby for alternate hiking options. Surrounded by a maze of wildly eroded and vibrantly colored badlands, this short hike to a spectacular view is one of the park's most famous. Zabriskie Point is a popular sunrise and sunset viewing location. The viewpoint is a short walk uphill from the parking area. Located east of Furnace Creek on Hwy 19.

Visited in February. Short, easy walk. The views are absolutely breathtaking! I’m from MA and I’d go back to CA just to visit Death Valley again. This was one of my favorites in DV!

Short and paved. Well worth the stop off the Hwy

Death Valley has way more unique features than I ever imagined, and this is just another one not to be missed. This is an overlook, so it's easily accessible by anyone. I arrived about an hour before sunset, and I don't think I could have picked a better time for a picturesque view. The sun was producing incredible shadows to the white rocks on the left, and a warm glow to the orange rocks on the right. Made me quite happy.

It’s a paved and quick walk up to the top. There are fantastic views along the way!

Nice view, nice for sunrise or nightscape too.

360 views. A lot of hiking trails off the main path. Easy to access. For pictures and information about this trail and many more follow me on Instagram @nathan_vanengen

Small and short distance form the parking. Icing on the top kind of point. Very beautiful and completely different geological formations on each side

This hike was very easy! But if you keep going after 0.4 miles towards Golden Canyon the view is amazing! Take a lot of water with you even in winter!

Lightly trafficked even on a Sunday. Beautiful and well-maintained trail nonetheless. I learned to rely on the preserve map instead.

Best to do in the early morning/sunrise.

Over crowded. The view is ok but it is much much better to take the trail and go to the base of Manly Beacon. There the view is stunning.

Gorgeous views. Paved path with toilets in the parking lot.

Not really a hike, but a walk. The views are nice. There are hundreds of people on a .2 mile stretch.

I mean, I guess it's a hike. The road is paved and it's pretty cool to see the formations. If you go here, go to the park at night.

A nice hike among remarkable geological formations.

A nice paved path to walk up to a spectacular view!

Trail is paved but hot in the summer! Bring water even though it is a short hike. It’s not really a hike as it’s a paved road but it’s still a good lookout. We loved it!

Sat May 25 2019

Great view! Easy trail. There is a trailhead.

Thu May 23 2019

Great spot for photos. Get ready for crowds.

Wed May 22 2019

Short hike, but very interesting, love the colorful rocks and the weather on may.

Mon May 20 2019

A must see. If you can go for sunset. Best views then. Especially if you like photography. Lots of people at sunset thou. And there was 2 people flying drones.

Mon May 20 2019

Facile et splendide!

Thu May 02 2019

Looks just like you're in Aladdin! Short walk to a spectacular view!! Must see!

Sat Apr 20 2019

how can this not be 5 star. If you just want to get out of the car and walk 100 yards, or if you want to leave the pavement and hike directly into it for miles. There is a hike from here, its not just a stop and shoot. the views are stunning. Even in April with a cool morning the temp rises fast and the awful feel of humidity is in the air. Best to do early (both in the year and in the morning).

Fri Apr 12 2019

Our intent was to hike the loop from here to Golden Canyon but due to extremely high winds at our campground the night before which destroyed our tent, we had to cut our trip short and jam pack everything into one more day. So we just walked to the top view point (worth it, do it) where we were the only ones and then around the canyon a little bit. Wish we had more time to do the entire loop. Tips: 1. Go early before anyone gets there you will have the viewpoint all to yourself. 2. Bring plenty of water and sunscreen if you plan on hiking extensively in the canyon - it's very sunny and hot.