Dead Lake Trail

Dead Lake Trail is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Crescent City, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 2.1 miles Elevation Gain: 75 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Sat Jun 23 2018

Once you get to the trailhead you can choose between a few different routes. We choose to hike straight back in and out trail to the beach access. The hike started with open prairie type land the about 1/2 in you were able to hike through forest. It was a beautiful trail, well used by horses, judging by the droppings. The beach access was amazing, we only saw one other person on the entire beach. We were able to hike with out 2 dogs. Beware that the terrain is mostly sand the whole hike.

Fri Jun 15 2018

Start of trail pretty over grown.. We were looking for a trail to trike on .. this was not it

Tue Sep 13 2016

I hike with my dogs in this area. The trail is mostly flat and easy with some gentle rises on trails that range from old roadbed type to single tracks. The trail is also shared with horses as it is a popular place to ride. The track posted is off and when I figure out my gps I'll post an accurate one. There are also a lot of other trails in the park to enjoy.

Thu Aug 02 2018