Dawn Mine Trail Loop

Dawn Mine Trail Loop is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Altadena, California that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, camping, and nature trips and is best used from September until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

old growth

I only found a little mine about 20ft deep. I didn't know if that was it or if I had to keep going, which I did. I guess the real mine is around the little one and the old mining motor. It's not visible and there are no signs for it. It's frustrating because I looked all over but thought that must be down more or something. The little one is right where I thought it was supposed to be. Good luck

Great Hike! Parked at Chantry Rd (adventure pass needed) get there early limited parking, we walked up the dirt road stayed to the left and too the Sunset Ridge Trail (there are NO signs saying "Dawn's mine) we thought we were lost but Always stayed to the left of the road, we passed some hikers that said we were heading in the wrong direction, they were Wrong!!! We started seeing the red ties and arrows keep following them. You might feel like you "how much longer!!" keep going it's So worth it. we went deep into the mine, priceless adventure!

Great hike with a lot of different terrain. We did the hike backwards and it seemed to me that this way offered a better and more difficult hike, with the majority of the elevation gain being over boulders and across the stream. The other direction the majority of the elevation gain is through switch backs and then you descend over the rocks and back and forth across the valley and stream.

Its amazing I went inside the cave. There are two caves the other is in the top...

Very demanding trail one can have all the combination of hikes in one trail, we took off route from the falls to reach to the dawn trail. Climb from Dawn mine to Lowe's point is amazing. Today it was cloudy that added beauty to fun.... Recommend to do again

by far the best. the cave was amazing and everything was just wonderful. highly recommended just be very careful, you can easy fall off a cliff

Omg this is by far the best