Darrington Trail

Darrington Trail is a 16 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near El Dorado Hills, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

It surprises me that very few of the tracks posted don't complete full trail.
Once you hit the dirt road the end is only .4 miles further, down hill to the edge of the water.
I can see this trail getting very hot during the summer months. If you hike it Start early!
Lots of bikes on the trail and very few hikers.
Not much to take pictures of.

Not really too much to see other than Salmon Falls Bridge. You walk on a really narrow trail which you have to share with bicyclists and can be sketchy. Also a really small sketchy parking lot.

I saw lots of wild life along the trail: deers , ducks , lizzards , toads, Tarantulas spiders.
The taril is mostly for bikers , so you need to pay attention as they come.
You have to pay 10$ for the parking at the trailhead , there's a box with evnelopes for that purpose at the trailhead.
Beyond the great views of the water along the trail , there isnt much to see.

The trail goes on, beyond the point I stopped. I went back after 3 miles, because I started late and it was getting dark

Enjoyed this trail. Looking forward to going back in Spring when everything is in bloom and hopefully the water in the creeks are flowing. A lot of mountain bikers with a pretty narrow trail so just be cautious! :)

baller mtn bike trail, dont fall of a cliff or your a gonner though

This is NOT safe for dogs or kids. The trail is no more than 1 1/2 ft wide. Shear cliff on one side and very little shade. I'm sure the view was nice but my attention was on my dogs. Sometimes slippery. And it runs about 5* hotter than outside temp. Very hot.

Trail is dog friendly. Good for hiking because it's rocky and along a ridge above the American River. Tons of wildflowers. Well maintained. PO along the sides but none on the trail.

Rocky single track makes for rough riding but good hiking.

Way too many exposed rocks with combination of
narrow trail made for a treacherous "ride." Couldn't get any momentum or real exercise. Biking partner crashed off her bike. See photo. Much better trail for hiking or a jog.

Trail does not even go anywhere it just ends on the side of a hill. Bugs everywhere throughout and more ticks than I could count. Will never be doing this again and would not recommend to anyone.

lots of poison oak in places this year. I run this trail often. great in Spring. Hot and dry in the Summer.

The water is flowing, but it's all easily crossable with a little rock hopping. The trail is in full bloom for the spring and gets narrow at times, but was a great little day hike.

Fairly flat single track. There are about 4 water crossings. Usually u can jump the rocks to cross but if it was a rainy week, you won't be able to cross. A couple weeks ago I got 4miles and couldn't cross. Also, the trail stays pretty soggy in the low areas.

The first part of the trail goes close by the American river and gives you a great view, as you go farther it gets into wide landmasses, natural creeks of water, provides a great shade and makes the hike really enjoyable. Make sure you get the parking at right place, it costed us a $71 parking ticket for this hike!

Great views! Wonderful trail. Sixteen miles round trip...

Amazing mountain bike trail

Good for my 6 year old. I don't think most kids under 6 would enjoy it. We had to pay $10 to park in the empty lot (it was lightly raining). My daughter and I loved the hike but we only went in 2 miles before turning back. We enjoyed a snack by one of the many beautiful streams that run into the river. There was new poison oak plants popping up. I was surprised that there was no one on the trail. My daughter was very excited about the variety of scat on the path. Overall it was great.

Fun, beautiful trail. Only went 3-miles in, but it was worth it.

Good trial, you will sure have fun time, nice view

Monday, October 03, 2016