Darrington Trail

Darrington Trail is a 16 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near El Dorado Hills, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

41 minutes ago

The first part of the trail goes close by the American river and gives you a great view, as you go farther it gets into wide landmasses, natural creeks of water, provides a great shade and makes the hike really enjoyable. Make sure you get the parking at right place, it costed us a $71 parking ticket for this hike!

Great views! Wonderful trail. Sixteen miles round trip...

Amazing mountain bike trail

Good for my 6 year old. I don't think most kids under 6 would enjoy it. We had to pay $10 to park in the empty lot (it was lightly raining). My daughter and I loved the hike but we only went in 2 miles before turning back. We enjoyed a snack by one of the many beautiful streams that run into the river. There was new poison oak plants popping up. I was surprised that there was no one on the trail. My daughter was very excited about the variety of scat on the path. Overall it was great.

Fun, beautiful trail. Only went 3-miles in, but it was worth it.

Good trial, you will sure have fun time, nice view

gorgeous views

Good bike trail but little rocky.

Not EASY for mountain biking. I would say moderate to hard.

really good trail I loved the different elevations took my 5 yr old he got tired half way did not finish the trail but for sure there was not a waterfall ... the only thing is when we went in September it was kind of dry alot of dust but other than that really liked it...

Not much shade, but scenic.