Dardenelles Lake and Round Lake Loop

Dardenelles Lake and Round Lake Loop is a 9.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Echo Lake, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September.

1975 feet

Hike into Dardenelles Lake and continue around to the northwest side crossing a man made dam to get to the peninsula of granite where you can camp. The second day, set out a course for Round Lake which will take you on an extreme back country tour. End up on the north shore of Round Lake- from here the trail back to Dardanelles is pretty easy.

Only try this loop if you are an experienced hiker. After Dardanelles's lake there is no "trail". First attempt I quit since I couldn't find a clear trail. Tried another weekend and I only made to Round Lake because of gps and walking up and down rocks and bushes. You can reach either Dardanelles or Round Lake easy, but if you try the loop you will be on your own. I truly wouldn't have found my way back without gps. My phone gps stopped working after I was around 5 miles in so it didn't record my track. But then it worked again so I was able to finish. Good luck!

Great hike, clear trail markings and a beautiful area you can use to hop in for a swim.