Dardanelles Lake via Christmas Valley Trail

Dardanelles Lake via Christmas Valley Trail is a 10.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near South Lake Tahoe, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 10.8 miles Elevation Gain: 1,633 feet Route Type: Out & Back

beach

Fantastic area. Distance is inaccurate. We logged 11.3 miles out and back and only went halfway around the lake. To the lake shore was 5ish miles itself. Definitely more for biking it looks like. Didnt see many hikers on foot. Water was warm in spots, not many bugs. On the way out, one biker told us a bear was chasing him. Unsure of validity but it is definitely bear territory.

Great trail! I have been doing this hike I was 10 years old, I am now 64 LOL. It is one my favorite places to go probably because of the memories I hold there. Moderate hike with a lot of traffic do this summer. Spent the night at the lake and could only see two other camps for overnighters. A great trail and a hike, to break in new backpackers.

Monday, October 01, 2018

Lovely trail on Sunday Sept 30. Perfect fall temps. Aspen and low growth are turning yellow. Me and my friend ran up to Round lake then back down to turn off to Dardanelles. The grade is a nice easy climb totally runnable up and down. A little rocky in some places but can really cruise. Took us about 3 hours to do a little over 12 miles and 1900 feet of climbing. Both lakes are gems. Just beautiful.

Saturday, June 02, 2018

Great trail. It was a cold day so there wasn’t another person on the trail. Quite an elevation gain. Arriving at Dardanelles was so beautiful! Great spots for camping too.

Saturday, October 01, 2016

Quite a few bikes and off leash dogs, but everyone was very polite. The trail didn't spend as much time near the creek as I thought it might and things got a little more dusty and dry that I expected.

Monday, July 04, 2016

Wonderful hike and a swim in Dardenelles was a welcome relief. Such an amazing lake; idillic.

recorded Recording - Aug 25, 04:31 PM