Dana Hills Loop Trail

Dana Hills Loop Trail is a 5.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near San Juan Capistrano, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Gorgeous setting, smooth paths, great hills! Wildflowers in spring with sprawling ocean views. Really perfect!

Super fun! Did a few of the lookout points, ending with the 2nd of the Patriot Trail loops and the Flagpole point.

Beautiful trail! Our group made it to the flag pole on the Patriot Trail, turned around and backtracked so well could stay in the hills instead of walking through the neighborhoods. Took 2 hours. 6 miles

geocaching

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

I could not find the Patriot Trail. Instead took the Cerro Rebal Trail to Via Cerro Rebal and back to LA Novia Ave. But this trail is beautiful and presents itself with some awesome ocean views.

Sunday, April 12, 2015

I'm always confused that I can't find "Patriot Trail" anywhere - so I hope this is it. I *love* this hike. It's a butt-kicker (at least for me), but 360 views at the top. It was my first, and you know what they say - you always remember your first. :) Zero shade here, so a morning or early evening is good. Bring water! Most activity levels should be okay - kids and dogs are okay too. We brought our golden and our 3 and 9 year olds. Great hike!

Thursday, April 09, 2015

Great workout. Easy, wide, clear trail. 400+ft elevation gain if you go from La Novia up to the flag. Nice coastal breezes, but no shade. Moderate parking; not recommended in wet weather for anything other than 4x4 high clearance unless you park on the blacktop. Watch for Snattlerakes in warmer weather.