Dan Foley Park Lake Chabot Trail

Dan Foley Park Lake Chabot Trail is a 1.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Harry Floyd Terrace, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

fly fishing

Park at The Foley Cultural Center

warning, there is a homeless person living on the buches, with a very agresive pit bull, always try to atack me dog.

wen you walk into this beautifull place, becareful, snake can cross around the trail, always walk with a pice of stick, hapeng to mi and mi dog, also keep you dog into the trail, to many ticks around on the grass

It's pretty but as stated above, I wouldn't go alone again. There was some sketchy mofo's walking through there

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

I didn't lol this trail. I couldn't find the way to loop around. I felt a little unsafe. I wouldn't do it alone or without protection.

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

It is a nice trail. A little bit of everything. First it's paved, then dirt, then shrubs, then forest, then eucalyptus forest, some uphills, some downhills, and good views. Paved parts have lots of traffic because of the people running and fishing. I liked it. I live in So Cal so it's nice to get a hike in up north. I'm used to hiking up the Mt. Baden-Powell and also Mt. San Jacinto so this is an easier 9 mile hike if your used to doing lots of elevation. If not, then it's a good workout. Anytime your on a trail it's a good thing. Trails won't hike themselves! :-)

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

This was definitely a challenging hike. It's pretty flat at the beginning and then it's challenging with several hills. We completed the entire trail all 9 miles with my husband, 4 year old son and 10 year old daughter. We where lucky the weather was perfect! It's definitely a place you can spend the entire day. Another plus is that there are lots of markings to stay on track...so it's hard to get lost!

Thursday, November 21, 2013

This was marked as being in Vallejo that Lake Chabot is not the Lake Chabot with the 9 mile loop. This is Lake Chabot in Castro Valley which has the 9 mile loop so I changed the the trailhead check in.

Friday, November 15, 2013

It is about a 9 mile hike if you take the right trails around the lake. I hiked it once there are trail markers along the way that have the distance on them. From the start of west shore trail to the end of east shore trail was a little over 9 miles according to markers took me about 5 hours to complete but I did stop a few times so if you wanted to hike it non stop it would probably take about 3 hours it depends I guess be prepared for it though I wasn't.

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Not the hike the app says it to be. Nice walk through the park and around part of the lake, but no where near 9 miles.

Monday, July 30, 2012

I went for this hike today. I didn't find the 9 miles. The walking path is not that long. Takes you nowhere and then you have to return the same way since there is no "loop" because the other side of the lake is Discovery Kingdome property and closed to the public. I forgot my iPhone to map the hike and edit the information in here. All in all with a few detours to increase the walking area as much as possible, I spent 1 hour (taking time to smell the "Flowers") a couple of steep areas but nothing major.