Damnation Creek Trail

Damnation Creek Trail is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Klamath, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

beach

old growth

A really great short(er) hike. If you do any sort of elevation change hiking you will be totally fine on the way back. Otherwise take lots of breaks. Even though there is a sign that says bridge failure you are able to take the trail all the way out to the beach.

We have done about 15 hikes in the last week and a half across the country and this is by far in the top 2. Great trail, well maintained, easy to follow. I will say it is moderate trail going down....and hard coming back up. I'd be in shape to do this one!!! Well worth it though you get redwoods, green feens, and rock beach with succulent covered cliffs all in one trail!!

this is such an amazing breathtaking hike. Great views, coming back up I thought, was easier than going down. So worth the trek and 1000ft drop

Beautiful scenery! It is quite a hike back out, but don't let that stop you.

Great little morning workout with a beach view at the end, nice cove! Make sure you start at the trailhead - hiking lesson #1 haha epic fail (you will know what I am talking about if you don't). A sign said the bridges were washed out but they were stable and intact.

This trail looks rad on paper but so far this season it is too soon to attempt it. There are trees and limbs down all over the place and we lost the trail more than once in the first hundred yards. We turned around and came out an eighth of a mile from where we had parked. The hike looks great just not ready yet.

One of my top 2 all time favorite hikes in CA! Beautiful and well kept trail. Gorgeous majestic Redwoods during the first 3rd or so. Playing at the ocean at the bottom. The overlook just above the water is special. Just love this hike. We were camping at Mill Creek. My wife even collected mussels along the shore and cooked them back at camp. Not too strenuous of a hike. Takes about an hour to get back up once at the ocean floor.

need to be in better shape for this one. wasn't expecting switch back steep hills, but a great work out and the view at the end was amazing!

Good hike that I enjoyed especially because of the beautiful redwoods and the cardio on the way back. If you're not in reasonable shape don't do this hike. There is only a few hundred yards of flat ground on the 4.2 mile hike. If you are looking for a nice beautiful beach stop at Crescent City. If you want to step on this beach at all check your tide schedule. Today was an incoming close to high tide with a good swell and there wasn't a beach. The trail was in pretty good shape but still needed a little work even though a dozen trail workers were on their way up as I was going down. There is a sign saying the bridge isn't usable but it is and the sign that was on the bridge itself is no longer there. That may have been what the crew was doing this morning. I was expecting to see more than the 2 other hikers that I saw on the trail. Overall a very good hike that I enjoyed and will repeat.

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Friday, May 27, 2016

Trailhead is at right of lot. Redwood forest down to ocean cove- what's not to love?

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

The hike to the bottom is relatively easy but coming back up is pretty tiring. The beach is beautiful. The trail is pretty but it was in rough shape when I went. Definitely worth the hike back up

Monday, September 07, 2015