Cucamonga Peak Via Icehouse Canyon and Chapman Trail

Cucamonga Peak Via Icehouse Canyon and Chapman Trail is a 13.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mt Baldy, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Located in the eastern front range of the San Gabriels, the peak offers unparalleled views of the Inland Empire. Take Icehouse Canyon to the Icehouse Saddle, and then follow Wilderness Crest Trail until you hit the peak. Icehouse Canyon Trail is a special place, especially with the water flowing.

Rocky, be very careful. I had a terrible knee injury going down the
trail, I thought I wont be able to get to the parking lot, this is not an easy trail, my suggestion, stretch your legs before and after the hike, especially going downhill.

This was my second time up to Cucamonga Peak (in as many months) and again, I wasn't disappointed! This time I spent the night! I strung my hammock between two trees right near the edge and I have to say, this was one of my best hikes yet! Although it was a bit cold which I was prepared for but what I wasn't prepared for was the winds and the wind chill factor. it was cold but manageable. All in all, I had a fantastic time!

busy trail. Some shade. not too steep. well-maintained trail.

Amazing trail for training. longer than Baldy, less crowded, more shade, what mire can you ask?

Breathtaking Views

Went on Sunday May 15 this was my 2d.time here at Cucamonga Peak. ls a little bit harder but, the views are amazing one of my favorites peaks in this area is Cucamonga Peak and Mt. Baldy not a lot of people like to hike for hours. This is a good one to get stronger and aspirer more and others.