Crystal Lake Trail

Crystal Lake Trail is a 2.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Mammoth Lakes, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and fishing and is best used from June until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Sequoia Kings Canyon National Park, 47050 Generals Highway , Three Rivers, CA, 93271-9651, Phone: 559-565-3341, Fax: 559-565-3730, TTY: 559-565-3196

Hike is so worth the constant switchbacks (which did seem like forever but it ends I swear!)

Very nice hike thru woods, the incline is a little tough for beginners a lot of switchbacks but just keep going the views of the lakes are magnificent it’ll be well worth it.

very cool to see snow in September. beautiful scenery all the way up to the gorgeous lake. go early for maximum tranquility.

Great trail, beautiful in late September with light snow blanketing the mountain. It’s about 5 miles round trip so bring snacks and plenty of water!

Love this trail. The altitude was trying to keep me away but I went really slow and drank lots of water and man was it worth it. Incredible and named appropriately this lake is. Beautiful redwoods and gorgeous views of Lake George and Lake Mary and of course Crystal Lake. You find a sign for Mammoth Crest Trail once you've just about reached the top of the climb to Crystal Lake. Small decent to the lake note: it may be easy for some people to lose the trail here especially if the altitude is effecting you poorly... so watch your step.

a big climb at the beginning but getting to the top was well worth it.

A hidden gem after a moderate 1.2 mile walk.

Great hike for kids and dogs with beautiful views of lakes George and Mary as well as the back of the Sherwin's.

My wife and I took our 3 and 5 year old kids up on this hike. It's not too hard if you have a light pack. The hike is gorgeous with a view of lake George and lake Mary below. Crystal Lake is a great treat to end a great hike! Absolutely beautiful!

Amazing hike! Fairly easy and the views are incredible. Go early to avoid crowds.

Fairly well-trafficked trail with lots of great views. The incline is fairly steep and constant on the way up but once you get to the top, the return is easy. The lake at the end is a great spot to chill out and cool off as well.

Beautiful scenery! Such a great hike.

So amazingly beautiful. My 2 dachshunds loved it. It is so worth the climb. Looking down on lake George and lake Mary are spectacular.

Great for early hiking.

Trail climbs steadily until it drops just before the lake. Great views of the surrounding area including falls coming from Crystal Lake. Wasn't as crowded as the McLeod Lake trail-head

Absolutely stunning lake!! If you plan on going... go early!! It was very peaceful for most of the time we were there! Then all the sudden it became very crowded, not just crowded but crowded with loud obnoxious people!! People with Bluetooth speakers going and yelling from one end of the lake to the other!!
But the lake is absolutely beautiful!! You can see the fish swimming!! We were there early and only caught one, but you can see them jumping!! Maybe flying would work best up there!!
The trail is short-ish, I am out of shape and I made it! There is still snow up there!! The switchbacks are "good" I mean as far as switchbacks go! The views are absolutely stunning along the way!!
Oh yeah... mosquitoes are out in full force!! Unless you wanna be eaten alive bring the spray!!

Uphill climb was tough in the altitude, but the views were worth the pain!

A beautiful hike offering a bird's eye view of the lakes basin and surrounding snowy mountains. It was short but the climb in high altitude can offer a challenge for some. Bring hiking poles if you have. There are some patches of snow but not many. A good portion of the hike was shaded. Crystal Lake offers a stunning view with the reflection of mountains and sky in the lake. Be careful if you step on the logs; some are not stable and you can possibly fall. This hike has made my short list of favorites!

I took this hike with the intention of just going to Crystal Lake, which is a beautiful lake, but I was enjoying it so much I continued on to Mammoth Crest. Once I reached Mammoth Crest I saw the trail continuing on and as often happens to me I had to continue on to see what was around the next bend. The views are spectacular and you feel like you're at the top of the world. I have bad knees so coming down was slow and painful for me but still enjoyed the experience.