Crestridge Ecological Reserve Trail

Crestridge Ecological Reserve Trail is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near El Cajon, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 1.6 miles Elevation Gain: 187 feet Route Type: Loop

Park on the west side of the Vons and then you can hike from there.

Great for dogs! Few water stations around the trail and doggy bags at the entrance.

Trail conditions good. Roost trail has been cleared. Dirt was decent. Fun ride today!

nice trail

A very pretty hike (we went in April after recent rainfall) with lots of wildflowers. There are a lot of side trails to explore, but just about everything leads back to the trailhead. The one exception is the single trail that's leads off to the northeast. That leads into a small subset of homes that reside between the preserve and Flynn Springs Park. Not a lot of shade, so be sure to wear sun protection.

Great trail for dog's, fresh water available. Very quite, beautiful picturesque vegetation. Goto trail for a quick hike/dog run.

a beautiful hidden jewel!

Did this hike at night--made it more adventurous! Great view of the skyline at one point. If you do happe to do this hike in the evening make sure you download an app like MapMyFitness to follow your trail. There's a lot of different paths intersecting you can get confused.

Ignore the "Description" and "Getting There" sections under the map, they are 100% wrong and must go to some other trail off Los Coches. The map is correct and using it in Google maps got me there very easily (off Greenfield exit on the 8, go left on La Cresta, right on Mountain View, left on Horsemill Rd). Trailhead is at the end of a quiet, country style residential street. There was a girl on horseback just heading up the trail when I parked. (my dog was enthralled with this new giant creature! lol! I made sure to head the opposite direction on the loop) Very pleasant, easy going trail. Only saw 2 other people on a Sunday afternoon. Nice views at the top and a beautiful shady oak grove at the bottom. My dog and I both enjoyed it. There are many side trails that fork off of it so we did get turned around a couple of times, but easily found our way back by using the map on this app. Good trail for beginners or someone looking for a relaxed nature stroll. My dog loved it. Will be back.

Came here for a quick hike. It was a nice loop, had some good views around the viewpoint area. Would be a great place to take your dog on leash, especially with the loop. There is plenty of parking since the entrance to the reserve is at the end of a cul-de-sac. I am not sure that I will drive all the way out to this place again since there are plenty of better options, but glad I saw it at least once. If you are a local, might be a good goto spot.

Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Great trail if you like it as a good 30 minute exercise. Took my 6 month Shepard and he was tired at the end! Trail is a bit confusing but I followed recordings of others and it worked out great! New favorite routine

Sunday, April 15, 2018

Various hiking options and beautiful

Sunday, April 08, 2018

We took the trail up the mountain. Practically no one on the trail. Very pretty at the base of the hill with lots of oaks. The hike along the avocado grove was interesting. Very accurate trail maps at start. Plenty of parking!

Thursday, March 29, 2018

A lot of shade and very green! There were many trails but a little confused on which way to go. My dog loved it.

Thursday, March 01, 2018

We started off horsemill rd and did the 1.5 mile loop, then continued uphill for another 4 miles. great hike! awesome views well maintained trail.

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Excelente hiking my dogs love walking here and beautiful view park is so nice and clean and they have water for dogs and horses

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

I love it! It was short but sweet. I took my pup with me and we both really enjoyed our hike!

Saturday, February 03, 2018

Mikes Hiking Adventure made for a Great hike today at the Crestridge Ecological Reserve Trail. It was awesome. It was our first time there and it was just breath taking scenery all around us. The trail is very nice and maintained well. The trail doesn’t to many steep areas and the ones they have pretty easy. Take enough water as it gets warm after 8am. Great family place to hike.

Saturday, July 01, 2017

Usually I don't like to drive a long way for a short hike. But this is so pretty in glad I did. This place is so beautiful. I'm coming back to see it in the spring! Overcast day and it was still amazing.

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Not too hard for beginners. Dog friendly and well kept trail.

Friday, May 26, 2017

I absolutely loved this trail..

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Easy, scenic trail.

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Nice little trail with views though i'm not a fan of narrow trails because of snakes! lol. All in all it was a neat well maintained trail.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Sweet little preserve; beautiful views, didn't feel like California at all. Easy hiking. Dogs allowed on leash.

Sunday, January 08, 2017

Pleasant day out with Reba. Many different routes you can take. Hike, bike or horse.

Saturday, December 24, 2016

it's a good place to run. I would label it as easy.

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Love having these trails in my backyard. Very peaceful and usually see wildlife

Sunday, May 29, 2016

A little coudy and wet today, but fun none the less! Took our 11 yr old Dachshund on the trail with us today, and she took it like a champ. Her sniffer was at maximum capacity!

Sunday, February 21, 2016