Crestridge Ecological Reserve Trail

Crestridge Ecological Reserve Trail is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near El Cajon, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The main trail entrance is on side of the Vons. It is a pretty tough hill to get up because of how long it is. After the main hill which loopes around above Wal-Mart the trail levels out and is much easier. There are some awesome views up there. Dogs are allowed and it is a great place to mountain bike if you can get up the hill. The landscape is really nice.

Various hiking options and beautiful

We took the trail up the mountain. Practically no one on the trail. Very pretty at the base of the hill with lots of oaks. The hike along the avocado grove was interesting. Very accurate trail maps at start. Plenty of parking!

A lot of shade and very green! There were many trails but a little confused on which way to go. My dog loved it.

We started off horsemill rd and did the 1.5 mile loop, then continued uphill for another 4 miles. great hike! awesome views well maintained trail.

Excelente hiking my dogs love walking here and beautiful view park is so nice and clean and they have water for dogs and horses

I love it! It was short but sweet. I took my pup with me and we both really enjoyed our hike!

Mikes Hiking Adventure made for a Great hike today at the Crestridge Ecological Reserve Trail. It was awesome. It was our first time there and it was just breath taking scenery all around us. The trail is very nice and maintained well. The trail doesn’t to many steep areas and the ones they have pretty easy. Take enough water as it gets warm after 8am. Great family place to hike.

Saturday, July 01, 2017

Usually I don't like to drive a long way for a short hike. But this is so pretty in glad I did. This place is so beautiful. I'm coming back to see it in the spring! Overcast day and it was still amazing.

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Not too hard for beginners. Dog friendly and well kept trail.

Friday, May 26, 2017

I absolutely loved this trail..

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Easy, scenic trail.

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Nice little trail with views though i'm not a fan of narrow trails because of snakes! lol. All in all it was a neat well maintained trail.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Sweet little preserve; beautiful views, didn't feel like California at all. Easy hiking. Dogs allowed on leash.

Sunday, January 08, 2017

Pleasant day out with Reba. Many different routes you can take. Hike, bike or horse.

Saturday, December 24, 2016

it's a good place to run. I would label it as easy.

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Love having these trails in my backyard. Very peaceful and usually see wildlife

Sunday, May 29, 2016

A little coudy and wet today, but fun none the less! Took our 11 yr old Dachshund on the trail with us today, and she took it like a champ. Her sniffer was at maximum capacity!

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Beautiful.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Nice and peaceful.

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Discovered this great find near my friend's house. We thought it would be an easy 4 mile hike. We started fr Horse Mill Rd & trail is not well marked. Ended up being 6 miles when we decided to turn around...nice surprise actually!

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Great hike for a family with little children. The tracks were a bit confusing to find and follow. If you're new to hiking this is a great starter.

Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Great hike! Very secluded beautiful views and excellent place to take your dogs tho they do have to be leashed at all times! Loved Loved Loved it!

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Fun hike for the whole family and beginning hiker. Best months to hike November through April.

Monday, February 25, 2013

Great hike! A lot of different trails to choose from. Great for families or a casual hike. Would go again!

Tuesday, January 01, 2013

I'm not sure about the Vons beginning but parking at Horsemill rd. was great. Lots of trails to choose from.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Great hike. Good views

Monday, March 14, 2011

A better place to start a loop within the reserve is the end of Horse Mill Road (1171 Horsemill Road)

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

I really enjoy hiking this trail. I love how it loops around all the businesses then all of sudden you are in the outback. It is a tough trip up the first hill but after that the views are amazing.