Crescent and Log Meadows Trail

Crescent and Log Meadows Trail is a 1.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Sequoia National Park, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from June until October.

Family friendly hike. We saw few deers and 2 bear cubs, our kids were so excited.

Nice and easy hike. High concentration of wildlife in this area. Sighted multiple deer and three bear cubs when we did this in September.

We hiked this trail in November, and while we saw some additional hikers towards the start of the trail, that didn't last long.

The paved road to the trail head has you go through a fallen log that was cut away to allow cars through, which was awesome by itself. For larger vehicles there is also a bypass.

The trail shares a parking lot with the High Sierra trail past the Moro Rock trail. There is a vault toilet and picnic area at the start.

The trail passes two little wooden footbridges over mini creeks, Crescent Meadow, Log Meadow, Tharps Log Cabin (made from a fallen Sequoia), and Chimney Tree. We saw deers grazing in Crescent Meadow (they came very close to us for some amazing pictures). I heard it's common to see bears as well, thou we were not lucky enough for that.

The trail is paved at the beginning, but turns to a wide dirt path at Tharps Log Cabin. Coincidentally, this is also when the number of hikers on the trail dwindles. Our favorite part was the experience with the deer- it was such a surreal experience to have them come so close. Tharps Log was also quite cool. Overall it was just a great experience.

September 18, 2016 // An easy but beautiful hike around Crescent Meadow. I've been here many times but I always have to "get lost" along this little trail each time I visit. You get transported back to a time gone by. Walking amongst giants and lush ferns and greenery makes one feel small and humble. (By the way, we went during early evening and were swarmed with mosquitoes, making it difficult to take our time and enjoy our surroundings--even w DEET spray.) If you come during springtime, the meadow gets filled w an awesome array of wildflowers.

A nice, easy trail with great views of giant redwoods. It is a thoroughly shaded hike along side a meadow. I hiked in September and there was a lack of wildflowers but I'm sure the meadow in the spring is spectacular.

Great area. I got there by around 7:30 in the morning and didnt see another person for a couple hours. very peaceful hike.

Easy walk with lots and lots of wild flower even in late July! We saw a buck as well. You have to park at the visitors center and walk down to the trail. Several wooden benches to relax and take in the scenery.

Hiked out to Tharps Log. The meadows were awesome. Also hiked the long meadow loop for an extra hike. It had a huge fallen sequoia that had fallen and you could climb on and walk out to the root structure.

havent done this one in quite some time, but its my favorite!

The views of the meadow and wildflowers were beautiful in the Spring. We only hiked the meadow loop and the trail was very easy. We saw multiple bears including a mama and 2 cubs.

Very easy hike with a nice lush setting full of trees. The meadow view was beautiful.

Saturday, March 19, 2016