Crescent and Log Meadows Trail

Crescent and Log Meadows Trail is a 1.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Three Rivers, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October.

Great hike! Lots of big trees and saw a momma bear and cub! Late in the afternoon.

My favorite easy hike in sequoia- if you only do one hike in the park this is it. Watch for bears in the meadow.

Beautiful short hike through the Sequoia’s. Nothing difficult about this hike at all but still able to get up close to these amazing trees!

Beautiful and easy walk around a large meadow. We saw four deer in a mile and a half walk. Although there are masses of people brought in via shuttle buses, the trail was surprisingly empty. Any visit to Sequoia should include this trail. It can be easily completed by all ages and skill levels.

Beautiful trail, moderately trafficked. Interesting old cabin made from a hollowed out log.

From here we followed signs to Sherman Tree 2.5 miles away. Beware: the signs fail to mention Sherman Tree after half a mile. So if you have no trails map, follow signs to Washington Tree then carry on past it till you meet Alta trail T-junction where you turn right.

Honestly, I think this was a bit boring

Some unique sequoias in this loop area.

Great trail and good for bear sightings as they seem to be common in this area.

The walk through the massive Sequoias is just ideal. Carry on to the Eagle View trail for glorious views of the high Sierras.

beautiful valley hike. Lots of wildflowers and wildlife. I saw a bear off in the distance! Moderate traffic. This hike is a great hike to get some good pictures.

Friends saw a bear and I didn’t

Beautiful views of the meadow and some sequoias.

Wednesday, September 06, 2017

Nice wildlife 75% you'll see some

Friday, August 25, 2017

Nice trail, beautiful trees! Half of the trail is paved, well maintained

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Peaceful place. Had fun playing on Thorp's log in the middle of the meadow

Monday, August 07, 2017

Beautiful meadows and an interesting cabin at the midpoint. Was lucky and saw a bear in log Meadow

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Beautiful meadow full of flowers in July. Went at dusk and saw two bears! I could've stayed here forever.

Monday, June 26, 2017

This is a favorite trail! 1.7 miles, half of it paved. When the pavement runs out at Tharp's Log is when you lose the crowds of people. Lots of big trees & 2 sunny meadows. We even saw a bear!

Friday, June 16, 2017

Beautiful big sequoias and a nice meadow. Tharps log is pretty awesome. Nice easy hike through the woods!

Friday, June 16, 2017

This is an easy, well marked and beautiful trail. It doesn't get as much traffic as other Sequoia trails and connects with many other landmarks (Sherman/Congress, Moro Rock via Sugarpine trail). Highly recommended!

Thursday, May 04, 2017

Family friendly hike. We saw few deers and 2 bear cubs, our kids were so excited.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Nice and easy hike. High concentration of wildlife in this area. Sighted multiple deer and three bear cubs when we did this in September.

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

We hiked this trail in November, and while we saw some additional hikers towards the start of the trail, that didn't last long.

The paved road to the trail head has you go through a fallen log that was cut away to allow cars through, which was awesome by itself. For larger vehicles there is also a bypass.

The trail shares a parking lot with the High Sierra trail past the Moro Rock trail. There is a vault toilet and picnic area at the start.

The trail passes two little wooden footbridges over mini creeks, Crescent Meadow, Log Meadow, Tharps Log Cabin (made from a fallen Sequoia), and Chimney Tree. We saw deers grazing in Crescent Meadow (they came very close to us for some amazing pictures). I heard it's common to see bears as well, thou we were not lucky enough for that.

The trail is paved at the beginning, but turns to a wide dirt path at Tharps Log Cabin. Coincidentally, this is also when the number of hikers on the trail dwindles. Our favorite part was the experience with the deer- it was such a surreal experience to have them come so close. Tharps Log was also quite cool. Overall it was just a great experience.

Friday, September 23, 2016

September 2016 // An easy but beautiful hike around Crescent Meadow. I've been here many times but I always have to "get lost" along this little trail each time I visit. You get transported back to a time gone by. Walking amongst giants and lush ferns and greenery makes one feel so small and humble. If you come during springtime, the meadow gets filled w an awesome array of wildflowers.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

A nice, easy trail with great views of giant redwoods. It is a thoroughly shaded hike along side a meadow. I hiked in September and there was a lack of wildflowers but I'm sure the meadow in the spring is spectacular.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Great area. I got there by around 7:30 in the morning and didnt see another person for a couple hours. very peaceful hike.

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Easy walk with lots and lots of wild flower even in late July! We saw a buck as well. You have to park at the visitors center and walk down to the trail. Several wooden benches to relax and take in the scenery.

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Hiked out to Tharps Log. The meadows were awesome. Also hiked the long meadow loop for an extra hike. It had a huge fallen sequoia that had fallen and you could climb on and walk out to the root structure.

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

havent done this one in quite some time, but its my favorite!