Crafton Hills Trail Loop

Crafton Hills Trail Loop is a 6.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Yucaipa, California. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Good trail for mountain biking. Single track for the most part. Looked like there was several trails but I went with the one closest to Crafton College and followed it up the mountain. Only came across one other rider on a straight away which helped because it could be a problem on some of the sharp curves.

Nice slow incline but too populated for our taste.

Definitely easier than other moderate trails for hiking.

Very narrow trail. You have to move over for bikers and others. there are also a lot of sharp turns (blind spots). There are not to many trees or shade.

There were friendly people. This might be a fun trail for mountain bikes but I don't think I will ever go again.

A great place to hike and the views are amazing. Highly recommend!

Went on a mid-morning Saturday, and there were not many people on the trail. Was a bit surprised as the views are gorgeous once you get up into the hills a bit. By the afternoon lots of little lizards were coming out to sun themselves on the trail and my dog was going nuts every 20 feet trying to get at them after they'd scurry back into the brush on the sides of the trail. There are some narrow parts and drop-offs, particularly in the beginning, but the trail really widens out after a while. Could have easily walked four across for most of it. So many bends that you don't want to stop. You want to keep going to find out what's around that next corner. Never made it to the very top, but I plan to return and try to get to the end...if there is one!

Nice elevation changes. I’ll definitely go again.

Clean, moderate to easy difficulty depending on your fitness levels. Bring a camera , decent photo ops.

I ride my bike through here frequently. Pretty views. Lots of Rattle snakes during summer months occasionally see a Bobcat. This also takes you to The Yucaipa Regional Park. Long ride. Take First Aid , Water.

Paths are narrow. Making it difficult to provide for by passers.

easy and fun

I go often and I enjoy it every time.

Nice hike! Terrain is cool, it has options, ups & downs and the views are beautiful. Hike with kids and they loved it

Thursday, July 20, 2017

Beautiful views of the valley and varied plants. Crossed paths with a few cyclists and other hikers but not too crowded.

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

it's a nice little hike got a good view I take my autistic son up there to get some exercise

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Easy hike

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

cool little hike

Friday, April 14, 2017

Nice views... easy to hard in loop for seniors

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Monday, March 20, 2017

Beautiful

Saturday, March 04, 2017

Beautiful trail. Views are stunning in all directions. I started at the Crafton Hills, went to the Regional Park and back and I can say that coming and going back were still both breathtaking. Definitely a beautiful hike and not challenging either.

Saturday, March 04, 2017

Easy trails along Ridgeline if you start at College parking lot. Beautiful views in all directions. Flowers are just starting to bloom as an added bonus. Trails are well maintained and look great even after all the rain.

Sunday, February 26, 2017

So green and beautiful after so much rain ☔️

Saturday, February 18, 2017

Beautiful, well maintained single track trail! Very green and amazing views. The only downside is the trail names aren't marked very well, but the tracking app led me back to the correct trail.

Saturday, February 18, 2017

Luscious greenery with an amazing view

Sunday, February 12, 2017

We took an adjacent trail. Started off just west of the water tank. 2 mile loop, moderately steep to the Fire Bell and back down. Approx 2 miles. Awesome views!!

Saturday, June 25, 2016

So many trails pick one and just enjoy it... Bring water!!

Saturday, March 19, 2016

This trail is great for multiple activities. I've heard that you have a good chance of seeing wildlife here. I only saw 3 snakes (1 rattlesnake and 2 gopher snakes).

Monday, March 07, 2016

It's great I love this trail, if you MTB this is a must do you will not regret it. I start at the Yucaipa high school or at the Yucaipa college and finish at the Yucaipa regional park, and take he streets back to the schools

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

best trail ever!!!

Monday, January 04, 2016

We started at the trail head parking lot at the college. Took Three Hawks Trail to Crafton Hills Ridge Trail to Zanja Peak. It was about 7 miles total, there and back. The trails are well marked and maintained. Nice views along the way. The trail is fairly easy, except the last 1/4 mile up Zanja.