Crafton Hills Trail Loop

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(295)
Crafton Hills Preserve

Crafton Hills Trail Loop is a 6.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Yucaipa, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, running, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 6.1 miles Elevation Gain: 1,013 feet Route Type: Loop

Also known as the Crafton Hills College/ Yucaipa High School Loop Trail.

5/3/2020 first time on this trail, nice 6 miles, slow steady gradual elevation gain, most parts are wide, plenty of people on the trail. No snakes seen. Only thing is i would rate this more close to easy then moderate. Just a relaxing walk, lots of people with different fitness levels out there. Im 225 n made it easily. Definantly recommend.

Really love the trail, too many rattlesnakes though, so be very careful out there

I’m a regular trail runner in these hills and for as much time I spend out here I never get tired of these trails. The views are beautiful and right now April - May all the wild flowers are out. It’s rattle snake season so beware. Please if you bring water bottles or snacks with you take your trash with you. All of our local trails are cleaned by volunteers and it’s lots of work to keep them clean. Thank You

Great hike for a family with beautiful views! Everything looks beautiful in the spring time. Highly recommend for someone looking for a nice easy trail!

Beautiful!

Trail well maintained and broad although there are single file parts too. Green now. Beautiful views. Next time up to Zenja Peak.

It's a really nice easy trail with nice views.

me gusta ir aqui es muy visitado amis hijos les gusta mucho ir caminamos 4 millas cada vez que vamos selos recomiendo

I try to run this trail once a week. It’s a good long run. I would highly recommend extending the trail 3 miles to Zanja Peak. The view is worth it. The trail is mostly wide enough to run as a group as well

I love this trail easy for beginners yet it has a slight incline. Had to cut it short as my doggo was overheating but we would definitely return on an evening or early morning

Fantastic trail. Did it with my 16 yr old son and we went back another 1.5 miles which made the total hike 9.2 miles. Gorgeous views at the top. Going to do this trail more often.

I live here so maybe I am not experiencing this trail like someone from out of town might, the main picture for this trail was taken when it was green if defiantly looks green like that only a few times a year, we saw lots of stink bugs and a baby snake I thought it was a rattler but my husband said it wasn’t, it is a good work out and mountain bike trail , no shade. We also saw a couple of dogs NOT on a leash, it might be boring for kids. It’s not covered with trees or all green and beautiful. However if you at just looking for a good workout and not concerned with beauty and greenery then you will be happy, it’s is beautiful a few times a year after the rains when the flowers bloom. One side you can see all of Yucaipa and the other side Mentone and San Bernardino but it’s smoggy.

Fri May 03 2019

Beautiful path, lovely wild flowers. saw 2 snakes. I dont know much about snakes, but I think they were rattle snakes. would be nice to have directions posted clearly.... up to peak, back to parking or Chapman heights road etc..nevertheless it was a beautiful hike...lovely views of the valley from the top

Sun Apr 21 2019

Highly recommend! Easy to follow using AllTrails. Beautiful mountain scenery, when you get to the ridge you can see down 2 Valley’s. Not too long. For a good part of it a lot of the vegetation adjacent to the trail on both sides was trimmed. Thank you!!

Mon Apr 08 2019

We kind of went all over the place with this trail. There is a sign that reads something along the lines of: stay on the trail and don’t make side trails or this trail will only be open for guided tours. I think people would stop making side trails if the trail markers were more clear. The map posted of the trail includes paths that aren’t part of the trail from our understanding. At one point we ended up in so brush and we almost stepped on a snake. However, there were beautiful flowers, a nice view and also many lizards. It’s still nice to experience new outings :)

First trail I’ve ever done. Loved it, way different experience compared to road running!

Mon Mar 25 2019

nice walk for getting started again.