Cozy Dell Via Foothill Trail

Cozy Dell Via Foothill Trail is a 3.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Ojai, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Ojai: This trail takes off from Highway 33 (8 miles north of Ojai) near Friends Ranch Packing House.

Overall a pretty nice hike once you reach the top, about 1.75 miles in. The bees are a little much at times.

Nice and a fun hike with the kids.

great morning workout with beautiful views and vantage points.

Monday, June 05, 2017

Not a trail to do in the afternoon heat. would like to come back in winter or early morning. There are some views and ample parking. Not a heavily trafficked hike. Nice for peace and tranquility. Downside is all the vegetation overgrowth, which poses a threat for ticks.

Monday, April 17, 2017

Did this trail with my 9 year old. Mostly steady incline for the duration. Not many sights until the end. He was over it pretty quickly and so was I.

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Quick and fun trail! We extended it up into the Cozy Dell Canyon. Lots of wild flowers and butterflies! Very green! We got some water in the creek areas too!

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Very fun, quick hike! Be careful though, there's a lot of poison oak on the trail right now!

Thursday, February 09, 2017

It's very muddy right now so be careful. We tried to come down the south face via a Google Map Forest Trail that no longer exists. Wild but we made it.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Some poison oak but nice short climb for a view of Ojai Valley.

Monday, January 02, 2017

Great hike. Not sure on the loop part tho. Ended up at the road.

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Nice, very moderate trail. Steady, but not strenuous uphill. If you opt for the loop it gets more difficult. You're basically going up a rock slide on the loop. Worth the extra half hour though great views.

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

All uphill! Perfect morning leg workout. Great view at the tip.

Friday, September 02, 2016

we had a good time. it's very dry right now so be mindful of the slippery slope.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

S'good

Sunday, July 10, 2016

straight up and back, didn't do the loop. quick rest at the top for water and a photo or two, but there's very minimal shade, so don't forget your sunscreen.

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Great trail to take my two dogs up. One rather steep hill but nice on the way down

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

It was beautiful fantastic views. But its steep little climb which is nice going up but the down in parts is pretty slippery, be careful not to slide on the loose dirt/rocks.

Monday, March 14, 2016

This is a solid short hike if you use the loop. If you want to make it longer, keep going and there are a few different directions to take. However, at your own discretion and if you have time because I ended up just turning around twice to find my way back.

Saturday, March 05, 2016

Parts of this trail are not easy. It's a steady incline most of the way but the actual loop is up a steep hill with loose rock. A lot of fun but not a hike I would do on a hot day or by myself. Our route recording shows this hike as 3.5 miles.

Monday, February 15, 2016

Good trail, easy/moderate climb for most of it. The last loop has a very high grade hill, >30% in places. At the loop We went up the right trail then walked west along a ridge until we came to a bench, then headed south down the nose (counterclockwise). Descent was a bit rough, rather steep. We also had a dog with us, not a problem. Views were outstanding, mostly orchards and a couple mansions. One thing, it's somewhat easy to miss the loop as marked. We kept hiking about 3/4 of a mile past it (there's definitely a trail or something to follow).

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Nice trail with some steep sections. Beautiful views from the upper part of the loop. There is a bench at the top of the ridge which is a perfect resting place. Would recommend going around the loop to the right (counterclockwise) to avoid going downhill on the steepest section.

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Nice trail.. Good view on top. Not too exciting.. But good incline. Not technical.

Monday, January 18, 2016

Great view. Fun with friends and family

Monday, January 04, 2016

Great hike. Easy to get to, solid incline. Took my partner and I about an hour to do 3 miles, stopping to take pictures along the way. Good view of the ocean on clear days. Popular, lots of dogs and children.

Thursday, December 24, 2015

great trail. I am a bit out of shape but I would easily say this is a MODERATE TRAIL. The incline was constant and at stair angle. Great view at top and on the way down as well. Glorious trail. Just to echo others on the dog leash thing. Seriously people put em on a leash. Several times had joggers with dogs run up on us and it took several minutes to calm the dog after. I hear you. you're dog is amazing. You don't know what other dogs are like - so for the safety of all use a leash.

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Great hike! It's fine to skip the circle part; lots of folks did. And it seems it's a popular through trail to somewhere beyond; you can see on the map a dotted line (Cozy Ojai Rd?). Lots of families with kids and folks with dogs (wish they'd keep them on the leash though?!). The extra circle part is very steep but up top you can see the ocean and Ana Capa and the lake Casitas; it's a great view. Be careful of that bench though. It looks not long for this world. To get to the steep part and the circle tour requires a sharp departure left from the seemingly through trail - keep your eyes peeled.

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Kids loved it. Fun easy to moderate hike. Nice shade and views.

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

The hike to the loop is a nice easy, often shaded rise, on a well-marked trail. The loop was much steeper than expected, but we persevered and were rewarded with an amazing view and a nice resting bench at the top. The loop is about only about ¼ mile up to the top. Loads of birds and quiet solitude the whole way. Highly recommended. We are in our early 60s and did the entire hike in a little over 2 hours. Parking easy to find and sign points across the street to narrow but easy-to-find trailhead.

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Good trail and very cool with oaks making a canopy over most of trail.

Saturday, August 29, 2015

I did 8.16 miles today, saw bear tracks but were old so it eased my mind.