Coyote Ridge Trail to Muir Beach

Coyote Ridge Trail to Muir Beach is a 5.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sausalito, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Parking available at Muir Beach

Great hike!! I’ve done it twice now and love it for a solid work out. Be aware that it’s actually 6.6 miles roundtrip, not 5.3. Also, the first 2-3 miles on the way back from Muir beach is almost entirely up hill... something to keep in mind. Highly recommend if you want a good work out.

I actually did this the other day but with an add on to the middle green gulch trail on the way to muir, it adds a little variety for plants and air-type. In all I hiked for 9.5 miles and I was tired coming back, but if you just stick to this nice trail it is pretty nice...I think there are much prettier side paths off the fire road that are really worth exploring and I hardly see people on them. I almost stepped on a baby bunny at one point, didn't even move! So cute...wear sunblock!!!!

Solid hike. Not too intense on the way to Muir beach but definitely a work out on the way back but worth it with the views. Apply sun screen very little to no shade!

- From Miwok trail to Muir beach: 3.3 miles. Out and back: 6.6 (parked on Marin drive)
- Intense work out with lots of uphills and downhills
- Views: city/north bay and coastal

just hiked it yesterday. nice views, but I never did find the waterfall mentioned above.

Sundays are quite busy, but Mondays this trail is nearly empty. There are a lot of wildflowers and it is currently early April. beautiful trail.

You’ll park in the neighborhood then walk up a long driveway to the trail. Starts off steep, ends steep on the way back. Moderate hike overall. The fog was rolling in and laying perfectly on the canyon and when we arrived to the beach it was perfectly sunny! gotta love Mt Tams micro climates :) beautiful day!

Fantastic trail with incredible views!

The trailhead is on a very narrow street that looks like a driveway.

Hike begins with views of Tiburon, Sausalito, and parts of SF. Then turns to views of the ocean.

Lightly trafficked trail but does get busier as you get closer to Muir Beach.

Dog friendly.

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Friday, June 16, 2017

It was a beautiful view however no tree cover so there is constant sun exposure. Did the whole loop and I never saw a waterfall confused on that.

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

There were many beautiful trails all leading towards Muir Beach. We started after lunch and had a spectacular ending down at the beach with the sunset. There weren't too many people and it was peaceful. The zen center was cool to walk through. I would definitely recommend seeing the sunset on the beach. There was plenty of parking although I could see on a busier day that parking could be a problem. Dog friendly too!

Monday, December 12, 2016

AWESOME scenery, a great workout with a lot of different paths to take :)

Monday, August 22, 2016

the views were spectacular the hills were challenging but awesome to hike we loved it there and we plan on returning. next time we're going to hike from this spot to the Golden Gate Bridge.

recorded Saturday day hike