Cowles Mountain Service Road Loop

Cowles Mountain Service Road Loop is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near San Diego, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 2.9 miles Elevation Gain: 879 feet Route Type: Loop

Like the wide road makes it easier when walking my dog.

This trail is great for quick cardio workout. I bring my dogs on leash with me. They love it! It’s less crowded then the Cowles Mountain Trail and much more wide. Less switchbacks and more of a straight up climb to the top.

Forgot to record the hike from the beginning. Did the Barker Trailhead which is almost entirely a steep climb. A really lovely hike.

Beautiful views of San Diego and the inland areas. Just gorgeous. Somewhat crowded but it’s a big path so people are spread out and everyone is respectful. I did get a bit annoyed that at least 20 people were ignoring the “no music” rule, and apparently they were unfamiliar with headphones. But that in no way enjoyed my experience. Overall I’m giving it 4 stars because the climb up is somewhat uneventful, but the payoff of the view at the top is awesome.

Good trail. Steep.

Very easy to find, lots of parking. I took my 3 and 5 year olds. The trail was -very- steep. I'd suggest taking the other trail, barkers or something that (is right next to it) if you are with young kids. Would visit again, just not with the little ones.

Thursday, July 19, 2018