Cowles Mountain from Big Rock Trail

Cowles Mountain from Big Rock Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Santee, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from October until June. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Good hike

this app says this trail is moderate.. bit the signs say difficult.. I'm leaning to the difficult side. It was hot because I started closer to 9 a.m. instead of 7 which was my goal... but.. considering the direct sun and really no shade.. especially as you get closer to the summit 7 is probably still too late for a July day.
All in all, I would do it again but earlier... much earlier or in the fall or winter.
But hey, got some good exercise.

The incline was killer! great workout for those who aren't avid hikers. The people were amazing and the views at sunset were fantastic. I will definitely do this hike again.

It was BEAUTIFUL! First hike since moving to Cali, also first one alone and the highest difficulty; I'm thoroughly impressed with the scenery.

It was a good run hike for me I was pretty much alone on trail felt semi remote bushes very grown out will do again