Cowles Mountain from Big Rock Trail

Cowles Mountain from Big Rock Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Santee, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from October until June. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Did as a midmorning hike on a Friday. Trail was relatively crowed.

first time doing this hike! it was amazing started from big rock trail near the park down below. great nice hike loved it

Great workout

what a work out. so proud of Kacey and myself for getting this done.

Really liked this trail but my first hike in many years and a bit out of shape so it was difficult. working to get back into shape.

Totally different from the other side. Less hikers and a great incline

First time going up this way. Fewer hikers on this route.

Best trail up Cowles. Do it at least once.

Quite a nice route up Cowles with much less foot traffic. The service road is my next goal. Plan on going up with my bike theu that route

I love this trail and suited for my training! It isn't too rocky and crowded than the Cowles Mountain Trailhead. It is a longer route but it was worth it.

Cowles is busy during the weekends, this back side is a lot better then continue on to Pyles Peak.

Good hike

this app says this trail is moderate.. bit the signs say difficult.. I'm leaning to the difficult side. It was hot because I started closer to 9 a.m. instead of 7 which was my goal... but.. considering the direct sun and really no shade.. especially as you get closer to the summit 7 is probably still too late for a July day.
All in all, I would do it again but earlier... much earlier or in the fall or winter.
But hey, got some good exercise.

The incline was killer! great workout for those who aren't avid hikers. The people were amazing and the views at sunset were fantastic. I will definitely do this hike again.

It was BEAUTIFUL! First hike since moving to Cali, also first one alone and the highest difficulty; I'm thoroughly impressed with the scenery.

It was a good run hike for me I was pretty much alone on trail felt semi remote bushes very grown out will do again

Love it. I try to hike it sat and sun am's

Overcrowded kind of like hiking in the mall but nicely maintained.

love it