Cowles Mountain from Big Rock Trail

Cowles Mountain from Big Rock Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Santee, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from October until June. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

It was BEAUTIFUL! First hike since moving to Cali, also first one alone and the highest difficulty; I'm thoroughly impressed with the scenery.

It was a good run hike for me I was pretty much alone on trail felt semi remote bushes very grown out will do again

Love it. I try to hike it sat and sun am's

Overcrowded kind of like hiking in the mall but nicely maintained.

love it

It was my first San Diego Hike. It was a good hike for a workout if you walk briskly. The terrain is not too difficult. There are spots of slippery gravel/rocks that you just need to take your time going down. Towards the top it got steep and felt like a great workout. Views were beautiful! I saw dogs, kids and teens doing the hike. We took almost two hours to complete. We had a bottle of water at the top and a bottle at the end.