Cowles Mountain from Big Rock Trail

Cowles Mountain from Big Rock Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Santee, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from October until June. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Cowles Mountain from Big Rock is a 4.2 mile loop trail located near Santee, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from October until June. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

26 minutes ago

Pretty easy. But fun if you're a beginner

Love this trail not many travel the Big Rock Trail so it's nice

I love cowles! It's super close to SDSU so I'd do it on my breaks! It only takes me about an hour to an hour and a half round trip! It's short but soo steep so you'll definitely get a great workout in! Gorgeous at sunset too!

Good workout!

Good for exercise thats about it. Too many people and very rocky.

My wife's favorite hike going up the back side of this mountain. Never overly crowded and has a decent amount of shade in the morning.

We had nice time, took us an hour, pretty good workout.
I have done Cowles twice before but it was my first time thru Big Rock Trail, loved all the green around me.