Cove to Lake Trail

Cove to Lake Trail is a 6.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near La Quinta, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

old growth

One of the trails at La Quinta Cove, open all year to all skill level. One of the best trails at La Quinta Cove that goes through the golf course, Morrow Trail and finally to Lake Cahillla.

Love it!

A lot of up and down hiking. Great destination at Lake Cahuilla. Today's hike it was very windy. Take enough water and lip balm. Great views. Liked it

It was cool, but nothing spectacular. Fun to get out for a few minutes. We did the whole trail to to lake and back. Hour and a half in, hour and a half out. We stopped and took a couple selfies, or breaks here and there. The sun was down for the way back and that was a plus. Nice and cool. One thing that surprised me was we saw big horn sheep. Didn't expect it, two of em walked right across the Quarry golf course (to our right) and crossed our path maybe within 30yards of us. Then trotted up the hills.

Very nice hike that is long enough to get a great work out and it has fantastic views in all directions. We saw yearling ewes just off the trail. Not to frightened of humans but they kept their distance.

Really. Nice trail! Not sure why there is so much broken glass at the start. That is why I only give it four stars. Loved seeing the Big Horn Sheep on the golf course, spectacular!

Starts out a little boring but once you break away from all the other trails, it is challenging and gorgeous! I would still call it a moderate hike. There are restrooms at the lake. We saw four long horned rams by the golf course. On a Saturday, I would say it had just the right amount of people - not so quiet that you felt alone and not so packed that you felt crowded. Perfect.

Very nice trail. Soft sand the mile before (and just out of) the lake slowed me down, but a great trail for running.

Just did this trail today, being in decent shape and a novice hiker I still found it to be challenging at parts in the middle with the ascent and with the soft sand for most of the hike.

Nice designation hike to the lake. Great place to picnic before heading back. Plenty of shade and tables at the lake. There are some steep hills and sand. My fit bit showed 100 floors and 7 Miles..

Typical desert trail, maybe a bit more sandy than most which will give your calfs a good workout. Ends at a park with washrooms which is nice. Decent workout with the ups and downs.

This is a great trail. Not too difficult, but a little challenge and interesting. It took much longer than I anticipated based on the length and elevation change, because most of the trail is soft sand. Good leg workout, but slows the pace. Bring a lot more water than you think you’ll need. Note that you cannot enter the Lake Cahuilla area without paying a park entrance fee.

Long dusty trail , about 1 mile to first descent. This where trail gets interesting , some ups and downs alongside the quarry golf course and great views is the valley in the distant. Followed trail to lake(beautiful), had a snack and water then headed back and had 8 bighorn walk past us (30-40') , go on golf course to eat. Made our day

great trail for teens

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

A nice trail, with some views, well marked!

Sunday, February 05, 2017

great work out about 7 miles

Monday, January 30, 2017

Mostly a flat trail w little elevation. You are down in the wash a good potion of the hike so you are protected from wind but extremely hot. No shade the entire hike

The most scenic parts are as you nestle up next to the golf course on the mountain looking back. I did enjoy seeing the golf course but this is a very short part of hike.

The lake is not worth the hike and you only view it after you make a turn at the very end then walk a long distance into a park area

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

I was by myself, it was a beautiful walk. Enjoyed it, being new to hiking, I thought it was a great starting trail, just challenging enough.

Friday, December 30, 2016

This was a moderate walk. Okay views. Won't do it again. There are prettier hikes in the cove. Nice though. We had two 8 year girls with us who liked it.

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Nice trail lots of people