Cottonwood Spring Nature Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(39)
Joshua Tree National Park

Cottonwood Spring Nature Trail is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mecca, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

Distance: 1.5 miles Elevation Gain: 180 feet Route Type: Loop

Easy beautiful hike!

Pretty hike, but very hard to stay on the trail. Not well marked. Some wildflowers blooming. Lots of rabbits and birds.

Great trail to take the kids but hard to Follow the trail at points

Wed May 01 2019

Beautiful short walk, not really a hike, the path can be difficult to follow at times like all Joshua Tree since the whole landscape is gravel.

Sun Mar 10 2019

Fri Mar 08 2019

I went this trail around 4pm. It’s nice short hike trail. The trail are well maintained! I could see beautiful wild flower blooming!

Sun Feb 24 2019

Thu Dec 27 2018

My kids (5 and 7) and I were traveling through from Phoenix to LA and this was a great, short hike to stretch our legs.

Thu Aug 23 2018

very pretty wish we had camped

Thu Dec 28 2017

Best hike to do while passing through from LA to PHX

Mon Jun 12 2017

This is for the camping at Cottonwood Springs. Very secluded not many people were camping there (early June) so it was perfect. The Stargazing was absolutely epic. I went to sleep at 10-11 thinking it's barely better than my Tennessee night sky out by the lake but man was I wrong when I woke up at 4 am (by chance). It was breathtaking and I didn't want to go back to sleep. Plus the nature trail was nice right next to the campground.

Wed Mar 27 2013

Great hike in springtime temperatures. The Cottonwood Oasis is impressive.

Sat May 25 2019