Cosumnes River Walk Trail

Cosumnes River Walk Trail is a 3.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Galt, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Free Parking & Restrooms.

Beautiful spot to birdwatch and see incredible foliage. Very relaxing, can’t wait to go back

Nice quick trail to walk. Nice walk along the river

Lover this trail! So many different paths to take!! my kids had a blast.

Great trail. Very easy. Well laid out. Great views of the Consumnes River and great learning for the kids

great place for some fresh air

Great easy trail with lots of different options on different ways to go

It’s a nice trail for it being so close to home (Stockton). Great place to take kids for a nature walk.

A favorite. Flat. Easy. Bring the kids. Great nature center too.

This is a nice easy trail through the Cosumnes River Preserve. We did this hike to get warmed up for upcoming hikes. It's nearby (to Sacramento), easy to access, and a good way to warm up your legs after the winter.

The terrain is flat and the trail is well marked. I recommend parking near the visitor center and picking up a free map. There is a lot of information about the flora and fauna in the area.

We were here a little early in the season to see the migratory birds that descend upon this stop on the Pacific Flyway. There were plenty of native birds, but we'll be back in February when the bird traffic picks up. It's lovely to go to a place that has been relatively untouched by/restored from farming and water diversion.

As you can see from the elevation, it is very flat. This is really more of a walk than a hike. Tennis shoes/sneaker are fine. I would recommend not wearing sandals, only because there are grasses and there are places where water seeps onto the trail. We were there two days after rain and there were only small parts of the trail that were muddy (and easily avoided), but I wouldn't come here with sandals, even in the summer. It is a wetland area. Since we visited in January, there were no bugs, but I imagine they come out in full force in spring-early summer.

It was a fun, tame, nature trail. A little bit muddy in certain spots, but not too bad. There are a couple of bridges and lots of birds to look at.

Nice trail and lots of greenery.

Nice local hike near Sacramento with good wildlife viewing

It was a lovely hike and first time here even though I live nearby. Will definitely go again.

Nice trails with check point maps. Will definitely do it again. Shade trees along the river.

Visited in early September. Not much water at that time of year. Lots of shade and still a pleasant walk.

It's a nice easy trail to take with kids, flat and simple , the consumnes River is beautiful, the deer and turkeys are nice to see and the marsh walk was decent as well-

Easy trail, very peaceful. Great sights and lots of wildlife, simply beautiful.

Went today for the first time. It was beautiful. Still flooded in some areas. We will definitely be back.

Such a beautiful place! The path is very flat and easy. We got the self guided nature tour pamphlet from the visitors center. This was very informative, the kids loved it. A smaller portion of the path is still underwater from the heavy rains. We will definitely be back!

took my wife and son, we had a blast. saw so much wildlife. we will most definately be returning again and again. who knew there were places like this so close to city life. only one loop was still a bit flooded and unwalkable.

Monday, April 24, 2017

This is a good and easy on the knees hike. It is best during the season when the wetlands are actually wet and the water fowl are there.

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Amazing so peaceful

Friday, February 10, 2017

The trail down the river was closed due to flooding, but the preserve was really cool.

Saturday, November 05, 2016

Absolutely beautiful hike today!! Love this App!!

Monday, October 24, 2016

It's a okay walk. nothing exciting to see though. If you just want to take a walk here, it's alright.

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Pretty easy trail The visitor center is closed so you have to park in the first parking lot you see on Franklin and there's a side path to get around the construction.

Friday, August 05, 2016

Nice view!!

Thursday, July 14, 2016

It was a great little trail. Just a head off and go all the way around. We even headed to the extra areas. It should be rated easy in my opinion. Great place to just walk and relax.

Thursday, July 14, 2016

I walked the entire 3.1 mile trail. I felt lost the entire time even though i knew it looped. The signs were insufficient and semi confusing. There were spider webs everywhere and i walked into one at the start and felt like i was constantly covered. It just felt creepy to me. Not my kind of trail.

Sunday, July 10, 2016