Corral Hollow OHV Trail

Corral Hollow OHV Trail is a 13.8 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Arnold, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 13.8 miles Elevation Gain: 2,109 feet Route Type: Point to Point

ohv / off road driving

off road driving

Went in the Fall before the rains so it was very dry, making it a fairly easy trail IMO. East end has a few obstacles, but nothing really challenging. And every obstacle has a bypass. The rest of the trail is just a bumpy road with some sharp turns now and then. Great views at the top, and some neat places to stop for a picnic. When it's dry a stock 4x4 (probably even a 4x2) would have little problem getting up to the top coming from the West, then if you want to avoid the rocks on the East just head out the way you came in.

off road driving

The eastern portion is tricky, narrow squeezes/turns and large boulders. The western portion is easier, but still has some narrow squeezes between trees. Lightly touched one of my skid plates on my '02 Tacoma on the way up. Experienced drivers should have no trouble, but stock vehicles may have clearance issues. Would be a very pretty trail in July with all the Mule Ears blooming, but they were all dead already when we rolled through. Nearby Round Valley snow park climb is a great warmup (steep at times, but just 2 miles each way).

off road driving

Wasn’t able to complete the entire trail due to late start. Will definitely return to experience it all. Great trip still. Nice lookout on top to rest for lunch and sightseeing.

off road driving

Well, the trail is open. My friends and I decided to try and tackle this trail in my stock Jeep WJ. We made it, but I won’t try it again without a lift and sliders at the very least. We scraped and slid a few times and had to be very careful about the line we chose. The first part of the trail (the hard part) took us almost 2.5 hours. It was a lot of fun with beautiful views. There was some snow still lingering at the top, but it’s melting pretty fast and creating muddy conditions. We had a blast!!!

off road driving

The good news: the trail is open. The bad news: there is still snow pack that’s melting, so prepare for muddy spots, standing water/puddles, and some mounds of snow. I got high-centered halfway to the first way point, and needed to get pulled out.

closed

Don’t bother going until after June 30th. Drove 2 1/2 hours one way in my Jeep just to find out the trail was closed with signs stating it won’t reopen until June 30th.

off road driving

The beginning can be a bit technical but a good/confident driver can make it fine in a stock Jeep. After the initial ascent the rest is rather easy, with a few tight turns. Beautiful vistas at the top, and if you ski Bear Valley it’s cool to see the signs for the runs when you drive around. If you’re going topless in the summer it will get very dusty.

off road driving

Pretty awesome trail, we ended up turning it into a two day trip but can easily be a day trip. There was definitely some sketchy moments (first part) but the Jeep handled it just fine. I did it in a stock wrangler riding on some 33s and rocksliders that I’m glad I had because I definitely hit.

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Rather easy trail. Passed a truck towing a 5th wheel travel trailer. Stopped at the cabin and had lunch outside. We brought tools so we decided to fix up some shutters, outside boards and little things in the cabin.

Wednesday, August 08, 2018

I have driven this trail a few times and it is always fun, once in late Spring, Fall and Winter where we got stopped by snow just before the beautiful overlook. This is a good trail for the beginner with a 4x4 with some ground clearance. There will be a few spots that might worry a first timer but the rocks are easily driven over and most of the trail is fire roads. Bring some food and have lunch at the overlook.

Sunday, June 24, 2018

23Jun18 got to trail about 9:30am, enters from just south of Bear Valley. We are in a stock 2017 Jeep Willy’s with 3:73 gearing. Right after the entrance I was worried it got pretty technical and looked like I may or may not make it onto the trail itself. No worries though, with light throttle and good placement we made it in. Overall the trail is beautiful, great meadows, great vistas, and a slight challenge here and there. The surface gets very chalky at times so dust can be bad if you stop or are open topped. The 13 mile run took us about 2 hours with stops here and there.

Sunday, December 24, 2017

Had some snow and ice to add some complexity, but was pretty easy and enjoyable trail.

Thursday, August 03, 2017

fun trail, nothing too exciting. You do end up on Bear Valleys ski resort if you follow the ridge. campsites along the trail are nothing special.

Saturday, September 22, 2018