Corral Canyon Loop Trail

Corral Canyon Loop Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Malibu, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Directions from Malibu, CA: Take the Pacific Coast Highway west to Solstice Canyon. Park in second lot for trail access.

Great hike! Really tired my doggy out!

The trail is covered in brush

Great view but the hiking trails need work.

Very beautiful! Never saw another person on the trail. Just be careful, the day we went there were thousands of little flies that would land on us and unfortunately quite a few got stuck to our sweaty bodies.

We couldn't finish the trail because we started too late; however the trail is nice and notas bad as I thought in regards to the plants. I recommend it for children. The view is really nice and the access really easy.

This is a fun trail, but it is overgrown with wildflowers. Note: There is some poison oak next to the creek and wetter areas.

Gorgeous views. It's still very overgrown, and your basically walking through bushes. I was wearing long pants and long sleeve shirt, but if I wasn't I could have gotten completely scratched up. It's better on the right side, so go right at the fork (counter clockwise) until the brush becomes too unbearable, then backtrack down.

Parking is $5, and must be cash or check. It's collected in little envelopes and slipped into a box, so it's mostly on the honor system unless someone happens to come by.

As stated by many others, this trail is 1/2 overgrown and resulted in a miserable trip down with an eagerness to get out of the bushes literally! I guess we were not prepared for that ending up with scratches and cuts all over. Heed the warning of wearing pants and long sleeves for this until they decide to clear up the trails. When we thought we were through, we had to pass through more (we went counter-clockwise on the loop, hence bushwhacking on the way down). There were other pathways which mislead us up a steep hill from the mapped path too. If anything, go counter-clockwise on the loop and get to the flat area with the view and backtrack down the way you came to avoid bushwhacking.

We went today, beautiful views of Malibu shore!

ONE BIG NOTE: Wear long sleeves + long pants with considerable thickness. A lot of overgrown bushes and some of them are actually sharp enough to hurt you.

Very overgrown still. Partially manicured on northern side of loop. Very difficult for small children at the moment. Otherwise, the flowers and color are on display!

Completely overgrown for about 70% of the hike and 30% partially overgrown. Not worth it even for the great views. Prepare to get whacked and prickles in your arms and legs. Do not recommend right now but could be a great hike if only it was maintained. There should be a warning sign especially given they're charging for parking and have active rangers giving out parking tickets.

Fabulous ocean views with beautiful lush foliage. Parts of trail are so overgrown with mustard plants that it is like walking through an LA style jungle. Wear long pants and long sleeve shirts.

Beautiful ocean views but the trail is very overgrown right now

Beautiful views! Just be prepared.. after this rainy season the flowers/ plants have grown fully blocking pathways. Don't follow to closely behind someone- you will be whipped in the face by plants, etc.
But worth the views!!

Ordinarily this would easily be five stars because it is gorgeous with lots of wildflowers. Saying this is moderately trafficked is a stretch though, with all of the rains it is extremely overgrown. I'm attaching a few pictures that shows the trail is barely visible. It's worth somebody going through with a machete. Great weather, nice ocean breeze, but protect yourselves against rattlesnakes. We got rattled at, which is a little disconcerting as narrow as the trail has become.

Beautiful right now! Very green with wild flowers scattered throughout the trail. Gorgeous ocean views with a nice breeze. Recommend going early, as we hiked out at about 10am, the trail was getting very busy. The parking lot is fairly small, but you can park on the street.

Hiked just after a lights rain. Everything was green and beautiful! I would absolutely recommend.

Monday, October 24, 2016

Pretty hike with some ocean views. Opportunities to continue the hike to a much longer one too.

Saturday, September 10, 2016