Corral Canyon Loop Trail [CLOSED]

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(360)
Corral Canyon Park

Corral Canyon Loop Trail is a 2.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Malibu, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.3 miles Elevation Gain: 524 feet Route Type: Loop

dogs on leash

kid friendly

hiking

nature trips

walking

bird watching

running

beach

river

views

wild flowers

wildlife

bugs

over grown

closed

This trail is experiencing full or partial closure due to COVID-19. Please see the open trails nearby for alternate hiking options. The road leading to this trail may have temporary closures, please check this site for more information: https://dpw.lacounty.gov/roadclosures/

hiking
over grown
5 days ago

hiking
bugs
over grown
rocky
scramble
6 days ago

If you aren’t wearing sleeves and pants, this one might not be the right choice. Wildflowers and weeds are totally overgrown with thorns stabbing you everywhere 90% of the trail. The other 10% is the slope down that is so sketchy steep you’re almost tumbling down over yourself the whole time. Not sure I’ll do this hike again, but the view of the ocean was definitely beautiful.

hiking
no shade
over grown
8 days ago

Nice trail but overgrown. Spikey low brush for dogs this time of year

hiking
bugs
over grown
11 days ago

hiking
muddy
over grown
12 days ago

hiking
over grown
18 days ago

rocky
1 month ago

hiking
no shade
over grown
rocky
2 months ago

loved this trail! Great for beginnersit was so beautiful and the views of the ocean are stunning. Heading down towards the end can get VERY slippery so take your time and don't rush others. it is difficult to find parking but be patient because the hike is worth it plus you can walk to the beach when you're finished which is fantastic!

hiking
bugs
over grown
rocky
2 months ago

hiking
3 months ago

Great trail. I felt it was accurately described as moderate..... there’s enough up and down that gets your heart rate up. Some areas are steeper, so going down can be slipper if you don’t have good hiking shoes on.... but still doable. I recommend starting the trail to the left at the trail head, that way coming down you have an amazing view of the Pacific and Malibu. It’s a nice workout in under an hour.

hiking
fee
3 months ago

hiking
3 months ago

We really enjoyed this trail! $8 to park, pretty clean port-a-potty at the entrance and well trafficked trail. We finished in a little over an hour and had lunch afterwards at Malibu Seafood Cafe, which is in the same lot as the trailhead. Would def recommend!

hiking
no shade
3 months ago

There is an $8 parking fee unless you park along PCH, in front of the restaurants. There weren’t any signs marking specifically which was the trailhead and which was the way to the campsite. We had to ask people that were already there. The incline was winding for 2 miles and the decline was a direct and scenic .5 downwards. Went with some beginners and it took us about 80 minutes. Great view of the ocean if you can see across the bamboo trees and brush!

hiking
bugs
3 months ago

hiking
4 months ago

Easy rolling hills lush green grass. Nice views of mountains and water. Pretty sunset. Went with the wifey and we liked it.

hiking
fee
over grown
4 months ago

hiking
muddy
over grown
4 months ago

hiking
over grown
4 months ago

Showing results 1 - 18 of 360