Corral Canyon Loop Trail

Corral Canyon Loop Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Malibu, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Directions from Malibu, CA: Take the Pacific Coast Highway west to Solstice Canyon. Park in second lot for trail access.

Easy relaxed hike with pleasant views. Going anti-clockwise it the final section that's most interesting.

Beautiful trail with lots of wild plants to look at. Had I had my phone with me and my handy dandy trail app I might have known better where I was and where the descent would lead me. Thinking I was lost l retraced my route. Take time to check out the stand of trees near the chimney. Had I not retraced I would not have taken the time to smell the sage.

Great hike. Followed the Rising Sun Trail to the Tropical Terrace. Views of the ocean were absolutely stunning. Loved learning about the history of the fires along the way. Seeing the waterfall was an added bonus. Hike was exactly what I hoped it would be.

Definitely a good hike for beginners. Great ocean view and fairly easy hike. There’s a bit inclination toward the middle of the hike and it can be a bit slippery going downhill but majority of the hike is pretty easy and mainly a nice walk by the beach

decent easy hike

views are great. lots of good challenging points along the way.

Easy trail. Not sure why it’s listed as moderate.

Great views and great inclines.

Great hike! Really tired my doggy out!

The trail is covered in brush

Great view but the hiking trails need work.

Very beautiful! Never saw another person on the trail. Just be careful, the day we went there were thousands of little flies that would land on us and unfortunately quite a few got stuck to our sweaty bodies.

We couldn't finish the trail because we started too late; however the trail is nice and notas bad as I thought in regards to the plants. I recommend it for children. The view is really nice and the access really easy.

This is a fun trail, but it is overgrown with wildflowers. Note: There is some poison oak next to the creek and wetter areas.

Gorgeous views. It's still very overgrown, and your basically walking through bushes. I was wearing long pants and long sleeve shirt, but if I wasn't I could have gotten completely scratched up. It's better on the right side, so go right at the fork (counter clockwise) until the brush becomes too unbearable, then backtrack down.

Parking is $5, and must be cash or check. It's collected in little envelopes and slipped into a box, so it's mostly on the honor system unless someone happens to come by.

As stated by many others, this trail is 1/2 overgrown and resulted in a miserable trip down with an eagerness to get out of the bushes literally! I guess we were not prepared for that ending up with scratches and cuts all over. Heed the warning of wearing pants and long sleeves for this until they decide to clear up the trails. When we thought we were through, we had to pass through more (we went counter-clockwise on the loop, hence bushwhacking on the way down). There were other pathways which mislead us up a steep hill from the mapped path too. If anything, go counter-clockwise on the loop and get to the flat area with the view and backtrack down the way you came to avoid bushwhacking.

We went today, beautiful views of Malibu shore!

ONE BIG NOTE: Wear long sleeves + long pants with considerable thickness. A lot of overgrown bushes and some of them are actually sharp enough to hurt you.

Very overgrown still. Partially manicured on northern side of loop. Very difficult for small children at the moment. Otherwise, the flowers and color are on display!

Completely overgrown for about 70% of the hike and 30% partially overgrown. Not worth it even for the great views. Prepare to get whacked and prickles in your arms and legs. Do not recommend right now but could be a great hike if only it was maintained. There should be a warning sign especially given they're charging for parking and have active rangers giving out parking tickets.