Corral Canyon Loop Trail

Corral Canyon Loop Trail is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Malibu, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Directions from Malibu, CA: Take the Pacific Coast Highway west to Solstice Canyon. Park in second lot for trail access.

This is one of my go-to weekend hikes. It gains a lot of elevation quickly, but that means some pretty stellar ocean views and isn't too long. Watch out for poison oak and wear sun protective gear.

The view was wonderful! Loved being in the canyon and seeing yuccas & other wild flowers. The trails are quite narrow with a lot of overgrowth. There were long branch like reeds, that I call slappers, to combat on the trail. So watch out for those, ticks & spiderwebs(especially in the morning).

Great hike with awesome views!

very narrow path overgrown with tall wildflowers. not a great experience for people who are allergic to bees or just don't appreciate darting through a mile or two of bees in the path. sad face - did think it had a nice view I did not stop to see - wish the path were wider and cleared.

The parking is 8$ but you can also find parking on the side street. it’s safer if you park your car inside. Amazing view! The hike is easy but you get a good workout. I definitely recommend this hike if you want a great ocean view

This was the perfect length hike for a night after work. The only con is that it is $8 for parking. The trail begins very steep and continues that way for the first .8 of the hike. After you reach the top, it stars going back down at a pretty low incline. The views are breath taking of the ocean and I recommend taking the pictures on the way up rather than the way down. Also, the trail is unmarked so be sure to check out the map ahead of time! Happy Trails!

Excellent trail. Start out going counter clockwise and you will end the hike with beautiful ocean views. There are some homeless folks living out in the canyon. We had a shoeless woman pop out from behind a bush on the trail and asked if we had a light Not too big of a deal, but you need to be careful if you are out hiking alone. Other than that, it is a beautiful trail with a lot of ocean views at the end. Be sure to get fish and chips at Malibu Seafood when you are done. They are possibly better than the trail itself.

Very good but has multiple trails. This app was very helpful

Easy relaxed hike with pleasant views. Going anti-clockwise it the final section that's most interesting.

Beautiful trail with lots of wild plants to look at. Had I had my phone with me and my handy dandy trail app I might have known better where I was and where the descent would lead me. Thinking I was lost l retraced my route. Take time to check out the stand of trees near the chimney. Had I not retraced I would not have taken the time to smell the sage.

Great hike. Followed the Rising Sun Trail to the Tropical Terrace. Views of the ocean were absolutely stunning. Loved learning about the history of the fires along the way. Seeing the waterfall was an added bonus. Hike was exactly what I hoped it would be.

Definitely a good hike for beginners. Great ocean view and fairly easy hike. There’s a bit inclination toward the middle of the hike and it can be a bit slippery going downhill but majority of the hike is pretty easy and mainly a nice walk by the beach

decent easy hike

views are great. lots of good challenging points along the way.

Easy trail. Not sure why it’s listed as moderate.

Great views and great inclines.

Great hike! Really tired my doggy out!

The trail is covered in brush

Great view but the hiking trails need work.

Very beautiful! Never saw another person on the trail. Just be careful, the day we went there were thousands of little flies that would land on us and unfortunately quite a few got stuck to our sweaty bodies.

We couldn't finish the trail because we started too late; however the trail is nice and notas bad as I thought in regards to the plants. I recommend it for children. The view is really nice and the access really easy.

Saturday, June 24, 2017

This is a fun trail, but it is overgrown with wildflowers. Note: There is some poison oak next to the creek and wetter areas.

Thursday, June 08, 2017

Gorgeous views. It's still very overgrown, and your basically walking through bushes. I was wearing long pants and long sleeve shirt, but if I wasn't I could have gotten completely scratched up. It's better on the right side, so go right at the fork (counter clockwise) until the brush becomes too unbearable, then backtrack down.

Parking is $5, and must be cash or check. It's collected in little envelopes and slipped into a box, so it's mostly on the honor system unless someone happens to come by.

Thursday, June 08, 2017

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

As stated by many others, this trail is 1/2 overgrown and resulted in a miserable trip down with an eagerness to get out of the bushes literally! I guess we were not prepared for that ending up with scratches and cuts all over. Heed the warning of wearing pants and long sleeves for this until they decide to clear up the trails. When we thought we were through, we had to pass through more (we went counter-clockwise on the loop, hence bushwhacking on the way down). There were other pathways which mislead us up a steep hill from the mapped path too. If anything, go counter-clockwise on the loop and get to the flat area with the view and backtrack down the way you came to avoid bushwhacking.

Sunday, May 28, 2017

We went today, beautiful views of Malibu shore!

ONE BIG NOTE: Wear long sleeves + long pants with considerable thickness. A lot of overgrown bushes and some of them are actually sharp enough to hurt you.

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Very overgrown still. Partially manicured on northern side of loop. Very difficult for small children at the moment. Otherwise, the flowers and color are on display!

Monday, May 22, 2017

Completely overgrown for about 70% of the hike and 30% partially overgrown. Not worth it even for the great views. Prepare to get whacked and prickles in your arms and legs. Do not recommend right now but could be a great hike if only it was maintained. There should be a warning sign especially given they're charging for parking and have active rangers giving out parking tickets.

Monday, May 22, 2017

Fabulous ocean views with beautiful lush foliage. Parts of trail are so overgrown with mustard plants that it is like walking through an LA style jungle. Wear long pants and long sleeve shirts.

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Beautiful ocean views but the trail is very overgrown right now