Cora Lakes

Cora Lakes is a 7.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Oakhurst, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and snowshoeing and is best used from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Monday, June 20, 2016

Great hike for young backpackers. Brought two of my kiddos (6 and 9) for an overnight stay - they rocked it in style. Beware that there is a river crossing (earlier in the season), so you might pack sandals... something we keep forgetting to do. Beautiful vistas of Mammoth along the way. The trailhead is a bear to get to, but the hike is great.

Sunday, July 26, 2015

We are beginners and this was our first overnight backpacking trip. We had a great time, the lake is beautiful and a great payoff for the hike.

Monday, April 20, 2015

This was my first backpack trip in 15 years, this trail was a great way to get back into it. The weather was perfect and the whole weekend was peaceful. I will be doing this one again.

Monday, July 30, 2012

My husband and I took our 7 and 8 year old sons on their first backpacking trip to this lake. We started at the Isberg trailhead and hiked in to Cora Lakes. it was around 4.5 miles one way. The trail had some steep parts and was challenging for our boys with 7-10 pound packs on. The lake was great and we swam, fished and explored for the two days we were there. The only big negative I have for this lake is the awful horse flies...they were endless till the sun went down. But overall it was a great trip and can't wait to do some more with our boys.

fly fishing
Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Have been here a few times cant get enough.