Copper Creek Falls Trail

Copper Creek Falls Trail is a 2.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Escondido, California that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking.

Made my trek early February '17 after a solid storm. Added some miles heading up the mountain, after the steepest hill known to man (exaggeration yes, but it was pretty steep) you see an opening, hang left then follow the narrow path until another split then hang another left down to the creek. The downpour, bright copper soil, and gushing creek sparked a minor resemblance to Kauai. Quiet, empty trail- definitely my style.

Still a good amount of water at the falls since the rain. The trail was a little rocky and muddy but overall not bad. I loved the little bridges, and walking under the trees felt like I was going into the secret garden. Easy beautiful hike.

Great Sunday hike. Waterfall has a fair amount of water and several pools.

Terribly marked, we kept going off the trail because there wasn't any markings at many of the intersections

Hiked all the way to the falls on a partly sunny afternoon. We spent about 4 hours in total just going to the different creek areas and hanging out by the beautiful falls. They are overfull from all the wonderful rain we've been having and I suspect this is one of the most beautiful times.
Start your hike by the landfill sign and dirt road if you want a short cut. Trail does get very thin at some points and was a tad overgrown at times as well. I will definitely be back soon!

Loved this hike, easy hike to the waterfall but you can make it more challenging & get better exercise if you go up & over the hill it loops back to the parking. Once you get to the waterfall dont turn back, continue on & follow the signs up.

This was just what I needed. This was a fun hike. We went the long way to the falls, making the hike a little over five miles. Went off the trail after a little confusion and found bee boxes.....but found the right way again and finally made it to the falls and back to our car. The longer way is not easy, by the way. Not hard, but there is some uphill climbs.

I went after recent heavy rainfall. I was wearing Merrill shoes and some Kohl hiking pants and was perfectly comfortable. I went past the double waterfalls and all the way up. It was a blast! I wouldn't suggest taking children past the waterfalls due to the difficulty of making it all the way up. Overall - it's a nice trail, not too difficult and the scenery is worth the trip.