Coon Creek Trail

Coon Creek Trail is a 7.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Los Osos, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

Coon Creek is a 4.5 mile trail located near Los Osos, California. The trail is primarily used for walking.

Lá semana pasada

Great trail! We didn't make it up to the old log cabin. Next time for sure. A little overgrown and not well trafficked. A majority of the trail is under thick coverage of oak trees and brush making it feel like your walking through a tunnel. Visibility on the trail to your sides is pretty limited. I could hear the creek (and lots of critters) moving through the brush but couldn't see it for good portions of the trail. The bridge crossings were cool! We only made it to 4 of the bridges.

It was Memorial Day and I was surprised how sparse the trail was with other hikers. I definitely recommend wearing pants not shorts and a long sleeve shirt or jacket because of poison oak all along trail. Also, got home and found a tick on me. Good to be prepared but this is just Southern California hiking. Definitely will go back!

We did the 9 mile Oats Peak 'loop'. From the canyon 'rainforest' of Coon Creek to the vistas of Oats Peak - just awesome! Be prepared for some overgrown, less travelled trails though!

Beautiful place

Saturday, December 03, 2016

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Sunday, October 09, 2016

Nice trail, I think we missed a turn because it just kinda ended in a clearing. I have a new GPS, and will try again, because it is worth another try.

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Saturday, July 23, 2016

It's been a few years, but I remember it well. It was right after a "controlled" burn by Cal Fire ended up burning several hundred acres. I probably went about 4-5 miles back before calling it quits as it seemed like it could go on forever. The inclines up to the peak were pretty challenging when you get up in elevation. I loved all the Manzanita trees and unique rock formations. You can distinguish the different ancient seabeds that have been exposed over millions of years.

Monday, June 13, 2016