Convict Lake Loop Trail

Convict Lake Loop Trail is a 2.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Mammoth Lakes, California and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and fishing and is best used from June until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Trees were in full fall color. Great trail with plenty of lake access on the southwest (?) side.

Awesome especially in fall!

Awesome especially in fall!

Great easy hike, absolutely beautiful lake, bridge was washed out but made for a great reason to splash in the cool water on a summers day!

Beautiful Views. The far west there is running streams and you will get wet, not too bad.

All Time Favorite Trail...many childhood memories here. Great Family Hike...bring a picnic lunch and your fishing poles. This trail also leads to other backcountry hiking trails for longer overnight backpacking trips. Done that as well.

We took a side trip to Mammoth after Yosemite and were looking for an easy hike. This hike has a stunning backdrop! We stopped often to just stare at the majestic mountains. The trail is very easy and well maintained until you reach the back where the water has washed the trail away and is still flowing strong. Some chose to turn around. We went through and it was cold, rocky, semi deep and a blast! Check weather! We got caught in a pretty intense thunderstorm! High country so easy hike still requires being prepared.

It was one of the stranger hikes I've been on for sure! I was enjoying the amazing scenery when I came upon a couple fornicating on the big log near the marina turnoff. The rest of the walk was uneventful but I did come across at least 3 piles of human feces. I was warned about that but didn't believe it. Have respect!

We did the full loop around the lake on July 26th. We wore water shoes and were able to easily cross the water at the upper end of the loop. It added to the fun of the hike. I agree with earlier poster "Fin Debo" that the water never went above the knee. The mud mentioned by an earlier poster wasn't a problem. We never sank more than 1/2 an inch.