Congress Trail

Congress Trail is a 3 mile loop trail located near Sequoia National Park, California and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and snowshoeing and is best used from June until October.

This popular trail begins at the General Sherman Tree and takes you into the heart of the Giant Forest. It is also a pleasant snow-shoe in the winter months.

Absolutely incredible walk among the sequoias

Great little hike. Brought my friend here, since I didn't want to kill him with elevation gain for his first hike. :)

Awesome hike. Amazing view of all the sequoias.

Easy hike for those who want something quick to stretch the legs. Best for beginners, sequoia trees sightseeing and the loop can accommodate wheelchairs and strollers.

Amazing trial and the trees are just magnificent. Literally just stood in awe of them all.

Enjoyed the trail and was impressed by the trees. I really enjoyed the fact that it sat right next to the General Sherman Trail which made it very easy to access. I am happy I did it once but it was nothing super special

Everyone should see these trees in real life

Beautiful easy trail. There were several trees that were more impressive than Gen Sherman

This is an easy and short hike for families. The trail will be crowded so do not expect seclusion. The trees are beautiful and the trail asphalt and smooth.

This trail was difficult for me to rate. On the one hand, we saw many beautiful land marks. On the other hand, it was very crowded- much more crowded than I prefer. It was rather like seeing Old Faithful in Yellowstone. I'm glad we did it, but I am not keen to go do the trail again. Hence, I gave it a 3.

We did the trail in November. It begins in the parking lot for the General Sherman Tree. The trails begin together and then diverge before the tree. We actually did the .4 miles to see the General Sherman Tree first and then went on the Congress trail. Doing this you see the Twin Trees, the General Sherman Tree, the leaning tree, the President, the Chief Sequoyah, the collection of trees known as the Senate, the collection known as the House of Representatives, and the McKinley Tree. At the beginning there is also a cutaway section of a Sequoia for illustration.

The trail is entirely paved, relatively flat, and one of the best marked we have seen. It was more of a stroll than a trail in truth. The hardest part is climbing the stairs back up the hill from the General Sherman Tree, but they have installed benches to rest every .1 mile or so. Oh and they have a full bathroom at the start along with a water refill station. The only animal we saw was a deer on the road out.

Good easy fun hike. Good for all skill levels