Congress Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Three Rivers, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

wheelchair friendly

paved

This popular trail begins at the General Sherman Tree and takes you into the heart of the Giant Forest. It is also a pleasant snow-shoe in the winter months.

Amazing! Breathtaking trees!

Easy, paved trail with a few places to shorten the loop in case you don't want to walk the full length. The day I did it was a busy day in the park (Yosemite valley was closed due to fire) yet there were still few people on the trail. Highlight for me was the House group, which is a large group clustered together that you can walk right under. My five year old loved it too.

Easy. Paved. A little up and down but a nice stroll.

Yesterday, I was standing about 50 ft from Mckinley tree when a 100 ft juvenile sequoia fell on the trail where I was taking a picture. Managed to sprint out of the way, but have wood dust in every nook and cranny! What a spectacle! Will beat any bear sighting I guarantee!

A really nice easy trail :)

The trail is a peaceful walk in the park. Felt like a museum with some signs identifying sequoias as the President, another General, and House of Senate.

Paved trail through grove of big trees. Not flat, but nothing major. Wonderful stroll

It's alright but so crowded

easy trial, amazing walk.

Such a beautiful trail that meanders through the forest. You get great views of some big trees and unique groups of several trees together (The Senate and The House). I recommend going very early (before 9am) and you pretty much have the place to yourself. It’s incredibly quiet and peaceful. My only criticism is that the majority of the identifying signs for the trees were down for repair with a sign that they would be back up in spring 2017. (I hiked it 5/18/18, still no signs).

Fewer people on this trail than the General Sherman Trail, but I'd still call ik "moderately trafficked". You walk along some huge Sequoia Trees with nametags.

Very easy hike and mostly paved. I don't really prefer paved hikes but that is just me. But I loved the sequoia trees. It is so peaceful once you get a ways in and the smells are like no other!

Giant trees

If you are accessing the Congress Trail from General Sherman Tree trail than you will be delighted to know that the Congress Trail is peaceful and lightly trafficked “at least the day we went” unlike General Sherman Trail. If you enjoy seeing Sequoia’s than this trail is a must, this trail provided up close views of hundreds of Sequoia’s.

This trail was very easy and fun to explore!

Awesome 2 mike trail including several of the largest living things on Earth. Easy walk and the trees smell amazing

My family and I headed out early on this trail on the Friday after Thanksgiving. It felt as if we had the whole trail all to ourselves on the way out. There are so many just as amazing trees as the General Sherman. The paved trail was unexpected but good because the three miles felt like six with the altitude, the hills, and all the photo ops. On the way back, we met the midday crowd, especially back at the Sherman Trail.

I've hiked this trail many times. great scenery.

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Much better than General Sherman Trail. Hike itself was 4 stars but the 5th comes from finding a trails right behind the Senate group (doesn't show on maps here) that connected to other trails ultimately. Saw less than a dozen people over 3 hours and had the giant trees pretty much all to myself and all within yards of the "rat race".

Saturday, September 30, 2017

The president tree is pretty cool, but I really enjoy the senate trees grouped together, it really gives the feeling of being in the forest.

Thursday, August 17, 2017

The trail is mostly paved. Alot of tourists on this popular trail. It is next to the famous Sherman Tree.

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Easy stroll. Cool seeing all the big sequoias. I was a little disappointed as I was expecting super ginormous trees with all the hype.

Friday, August 11, 2017

Great. Super mit Kindern, früh am Morgen ist man fast allein.... mit einigen Tieren. Unbedingt gesamten Loop gehen.

Monday, August 07, 2017

A stress-free saunter. This trail is primarily paved and doesn't take a ton of effort. You're rewarded with magnificent up close looks at giant sequoias. As other reviews have stated, the size of some of these trees rival that of General Sherman yet the trail itself is typically sparsely populated in comparison to the permanently crowded scene in front of The General.

Sunday, August 06, 2017

I loved this trail. It was only about a 2 mile trail and it took us about 1.5 hours to complete with a few stops. We loved it!

Friday, August 04, 2017

Few people take the whole trail!

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

This trail is perfect Sequoia National Park and is a must-do. You will walk right next to GROUPS of Sequoias almost as big as the General Sherman Tree. I was amazed at the lack of people on this trail when compared to the enormous crowds just a couple hundred yards away. We were not alone, but there were literally hundreds of people at the General Sherman Tree and we bumped into maybe 20 people total on this trail.

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

You'll see tons of huge sequoias while you walk on this shaded path. There are even a few sequoias you get to walk through! Very quiet trail since everyone is back at General Sherman.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Good for families lots of big trees

Saturday, July 08, 2017

This was a great trail to see a bunch of Giant Sequoias all in a small area. It was an easy stroll on mainly paved trails. If you want to add additional mileage and get away from most of the crowds, there are several trials that split off this trail. Some of those are still inside the Giant Forest area but are a little more challenging than the Congress Trail.