Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Confluence Trail is a 3.4 mile out and back trail located near Auburn, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, running, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.4 miles Elevation Gain: 485 feet Route Type: Out & Back

fee

trail for everyone but be alert for cyclists coming from behind.

We loved this trail today. It’s got some amazing views of the river, and offers various (steep) trails for river access. I’m giving 4 stars because there are areas with no shade, and areas where the trail is very narrow and exposed to the cliff side. It’s great for hikers, but I wouldn’t recommend for mountain bikers.

fee

Great hike! Shared trail with mountain bikes but everyone is respectful of each other. More trash than I expected. Masks, gloves, and hand wipes. Please pack it out.

Parking was challenging due to Covid 19. We ended up parking at Mammoth Bar and hiking towards the bridge. Starting out it was a gradual decline, the trail really narrows at points and is VERY rocky. Beautiful views and there is river access if you are willing to venture down a steep slope. Coming back was a real calorie burner as it is a gradual incline the whole way back. It was a nice hike and I will definitely be doing it again. I don’t know that this trail should be rated as ‘easy’. I thought of it as ‘moderate’. Definitely wouldn’t be okay for small kids.

Good luck finding a parking spot! We drove out there only to drive back home. Park rangers are everywhere enforcing the “no parking “ situation.

Really nice trail! Nice views & water access.

fee

Did this trail a week ago.. Perfect trail for an easy stroll with a gradual incline. Nice views of the river along the way

Came on a weekday and it was super nice! Great for anyone!

No area for a picnic but we found a rock and made it work. Had a lovely hike!

Hike as described. Slight incline on the inward leg, with a slight decent on the return leg. The MTBers do have a tendency to fly on the decent leg. I didn't find it to be offensive or a problem. I parked my dog trail side until they passed. While some have complained about MTBers, I have also seen my share of idiot hikers who litter and not pick up after their dogs. It's the public. This would likely be a better experience weekday as a hiker.

To many people on mountain bikes that don’t know the “rules” of trail riding. No warnings, don’t know what side of the trail to pass on, no Verbal warning, etc, etc. Overall a hazard on the trail. Way to fast on the downhill. Overall trail is kinda ruined by the mountain bikers.

A great hike for beginners/moderates. WAY too many mountain bikes and almost half of them going too fast on very narrow parts of the trail. Avoid this trail on a weekend.

01/10/20 - The trail was nice and well maintained. Great views of the river throughout. I sprained my ankle a month or so before and this was the perfect trail to try my ankle out on. The hike was short and easy. It ends at a road to the 4x4 Park so nothing really rewarding at the end. Might be worth coupling this trail with the Lake Clementine trail.

Best time of the year to likely hike this trail. Mid 50’s and sunny, so the need for shade wasn’t a factor. Beautiful views. There were a few large groups of mountain bikers but everyone was courteous when passing. Our pup loved it, and met a few other friendly furry friends. Would love to return again.